11-21-2013, 06:44 PM

John,

This will probably sound like a weird question but when i perform Isometrics how come, afterwards, my skin feels smoother?

Share |

Author

11-21-2013, 07:52 PM

Hey Stephen,

I have to admit that you have just asked a question that I have never been previously asked.

But there is always a first time for everything.

My answer is that if you are achieving a "pump" you may be feeling as though the muscles are tighter and hence the skin may feel smoother. Other than that I have no idea why.

---John Peterson

Share |

11-21-2013, 08:41 PM

Thanks, John.

Share |

11-22-2013, 12:21 AM

Hmmmmm....maybe I should start doing the exercises Atlas recommended for the face. ;)

Share |

Legacy Member

11-22-2013, 05:57 AM

Actually John,

You answered this in the M-7 and this is something that John McSweeney commented on. When you do Isometrics; in particular Isometric Power Flexing, you are getting blood to the smallest capillaries of the body, including blood to the skin. Wastes are exchanged for fresh oxygen. The skin is smoother and healthier. We tend to forget that one of the purposes of the integumentary system (the skin) is to exchange wastes.

Share |

11-22-2013, 07:17 AM

Thanks for the replies, they make alot of sense.

Stephen.

Share |

Author

11-22-2013, 05:57 PM

Hey Men,

Greg Newton made a good point about what John Mc.Sweeney said as relates to Muscle Tension exercises but John never really stated much about Isometrics. What he stated about the muscle tension exercises with movement was right on the mark because a person really can experience a great pump with these exercises but as relates to Isometrics, I for one have never experienced that kind of pump with Isometrics that I have often achieved with the muscle tension exercises that incorporated. Yet, I have talked to many men that have achieved an extraordinary "pump" from Isometric Contractions.

---John Peterson

Share |

Legacy Member

11-22-2013, 08:08 PM

John,

Several years ago my wife Lori and I both got in very good shape with Isometric Powerflexing done daily. Our skin literally had a glow about it. When my friend Dr. Joe Carrano saw us for the first time after not having seen us for a couple of years, he didn't recognize us and was amazed at how the years had seemed to peel back. He even tried to talk me into getting Lori into a fitness type contest.

When I told him what we were doing to train, he gave me the explanation I made above about the integumentary system. By tensing and relaxing the muscles with deep breathing, the blood was forced into the smallest capillaries of the body and facilitated waste exchange.

Greg

Share |

11-25-2013, 04:04 AM

Greg,

Would you please share the Isometric PowerFlexing protocol that you and Lori followed: frequency, number of contractions, TUT, breathing, etc? I think many of the forum members would find value in the information.

Thanks.

Paul
And with our thoughts, we make our world." --Buddha

Share |

Legacy Member

11-25-2013, 04:20 AM

Paul,

At the time we averaged doing them five to six days a week. Basically we opened PYTP and turning to the Powerflexing section would do the exercises one by one, except the bridge. We'd concentrate on the contraction 7-10 seconds while exhaling. It would take about 15 minutes to do the complete routine.

My wife has a lot of health and joint issues. Powerflexing, work with the Isometric Power Belt and the Chinese silk weaving exercises (Eight Brocades) are the only things she can do without causing her joints to swell.

Share |