Share |
Guts as a warm up!

12-11-2009, 11:57 AM

I remember reading in one of Furey’s books him saying that when your body is conditioned you can do your cal routine BEFORE your workout and still be able to do your sparring after. Honestly I’ve always tried to have a fresh body before rolling or sparring so never really did too much intense work prior to my workout sessions. Usually just a few joint mobility and a couple yoga stretches but never hundreds of squats, pushups, sit-ups etc.

Well due to GUTS that has all changed. I guess due to muscle memory (I used to do high rep cals all the time) my body has adapted very quickly to GUTS. I’ve been on the program for over a month now and have been pretty consistent on a weekly basis with it performing the routine 3-5 times a week. I’m now to the point that I can do sets of a couple hundred squats and wake up the next day with minimal soreness in the legs. Same goes for abs. I’ve never really gotten away from pushups so those I’ve been fine with from the start of the program.

This Wednesday I had a Jiu Jitsu class at 12 noon. When I first woke up I was so sore and tired Ii wasn’t sure if I was going to even go! After a hot shower (as simple a thing as a shower is they have been helping a lot) I felt a little better. Then after some coffee and just being awake for awhile my muscles didn’t feel quite as stiff and I told myself "even if I you don’t do anything but out the GUTS routine". So i did. Felt wide awake and a lot better. At this point its about 10:30 AM. So I chowed down a small lunch and hit the gym about an hour later. I felt really good in the class rolled well and got another good workout in.

Thanks JP for the awesome routine. Between GUTS and ISOS I really have NO EXCUSE to not get in some form of training even on my sorest days. And as I discovered now that I’m in shape I can do the routine and STILL spar with the best of them!

PEACE

Last edited by Greg Newton; 12-11-2009 at 02:11 PM.

Share |

Author

12-11-2009, 12:39 PM

Hey Black Knight,

Thanks for your enthusiasm for G.U.T.S.. But let me tell you straight up that anyone that gets to the elite level of G.U.T.S. will soon discover that they have extraordinary recuperative powers and the G.U.T.S. literally energizes them for the day.

---John Peterson

Share |

12-11-2009, 01:36 PM

For sure John i agree 100%.For the first time in a long time i feel extremely motivated to wake up early and bust out a routine.In fact i did my GUTS this morning.One thing that i noticed as another extra benefit of doing it early is that my core temperature seems to raised for quite sometime afterwards.I hate going outside to scrape my windshields its just so darn cold in SLC in the winters!Now i wake up take a hot shower and either do ISOS or GUTS or both and take another shower.At this point i can have on only a light sweat shirt and feel fine while im scraping away!

Share |

Tags
g.u.t.s., mma