Share |
Spring Training: Going beyond the scale!

Legacy Member

04-08-2010, 08:24 AM

How's your Spring Training going? You gonna be ready to post your results at the end of May? Ready to strut your stuff on the beach this summer?

Lemme ask you as question, do you weight yourself regularly?

WELL STOP!! Dropkick the scale!! Your weight isn't going to be changing all that much from day to day. At most you should weigh yourself once a week, preferably the same day and time; say Saturday morning. But I have a much better way of measuring your results and keeping you motivated. Don't let this one slide, time is passing you by and the contest will be over before you know it, so do this TODAY!

Go to the store and buy yourself a pair of pants that are one size too small. You don't need to go to Bloomingdale's and spend a lot of money, just run to a thrift store or Wal-Mart or wherever. Get a pair of dress pants that are flat in the front, they'll have the least give to them.

Now try those on every couple of days and when you can fit into them comfortably, then go get another pair that's too small!

-Joe

Last edited by JoeJustice; 04-08-2010 at 09:01 AM. Reason: typo

Share |

Banned

04-08-2010, 08:38 AM

Good advice Joe. Noticable changes on the scale happen over weeks, not days. I prefer the old belt notch method for daily assurance of how things are going

One quick question. Is the end of the contest in April or May. I thought I saw one posting of yours that said to have pictures to you by May 1.

Either way is fine . . . just want to make sure I'm on the right page.

Share |

Legacy Member

04-08-2010, 09:13 AM

Crap on toast!!! I totally screwed up on this!!!

The contest is suppose to be three months long, not two. It's suppose to end of May 31st, not May 1st! I just re-read the initial contest thread and I did say May 1st! I don't know what I was thinking!!! But I corrected the information on the initial thread. I'll start a new thread correcting the record.

So it looks like you're going to have a month longer than you initially thought. I can't believe I did that, glad you pointed it out TejasT.

-Joe

Share |

Legacy Member

04-08-2010, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJustice View Post
Crap on toast!!!
That is what I love about this forum.

Not only do I get a plethora of physical culture information, but I learn new and interesting word phrases

Rob

Share |

04-08-2010, 10:36 AM

I never thought of going out and outright buying a new pair of measuring pants. Good idea. Since I am pretty much at my target weight, I use what I have to do the same thing. Belts are good, too, since a one inch difference in holes is a fairly slight difference in visible chubbihood.

I do like the scale, though, and use it several times a day as I walk past it. It helps me float in my weight range. I have heard this method proposed by others - to keep a daily graph. I'm not into a graph, too much trouble, but I like the daily input. I've done it enough so I know why I have spikes and dips.

On the other hand, if you obsess and worry, cut it down to once a week or more.

On the other hand, within the week you may have really blown it, and seven days in you made a big step backwards.

I just want to tell you both good luck. We're all counting on you,
Tom

Share |

Tags
challenge, competition, spring training