Share |
MUR Workout: Don't ask. Well, ask if you want

01-13-2011, 12:16 PM

Back after a layoff. Haven't worked out in awhile.

I like to take it easy once in awhile. And it's good for mixing things up. Confuses the body. One of the benefits of taking a rest is that your muscles continue to grow: they don't have to account for the damage done by exercising consistently. But the effects wear off and you have to return to the grind.

Tuesday: Easy workout

Pushups: 2 sets of 10 Tiger Stretch pushups.
Had an accident the other day. Never pull your front brakes on your bike going down a snowy hill. A car was coming up from behind. The front tire slid out of control. And I went down down hard on my left shoulder. The same shoulder I fell on about 10 years ago from a 3rd story roof. Pulled myself and my bike out of the way and watched as the car ran over my bicycle headlight. That's about the 10th light I've gone through.

Squats: 100 Tiger Bend squats at an easy pace.
Could have easily done about 500. But decided to take it easy.It's been awhile. Concentrated on the form.

Wall Walk: 1

Wednesday. Little bit harder.

Pushups: 15 Tiger Stretch pushups

Squats: 150 Tiger Bend Squats
Can feel the effects from yesterday's 100. Usually can hit 500 without feeling it. But it's been awhile. May hit 300 tomorrow, Go for 400 Friday, and 500 and a dip in the cold freezing streams of Pennsylvania on Saturday. It's been awhile since a Wild Wilderness Workout. Miss the fresh air.

I laugh at the guys who wear wading boots in the springtime when they go fishing.

Furey Back Bridge:
180 count.

And that's it. Getting back in the flow. Am feeling charged already. Left shoulder's a little sore. But it's returning to form.

Hank

Share |

01-14-2011, 01:02 PM

Friday workout.

Gradually increasing the reps until the body adjusts after about a 2 month layoff.

Legs are starting to feel better. Not so much of that jello feeling walking up and down the stairs.
Pain seems to be going away in the left shoulder doing the Tiger Stretch pushups.

Pushups: 20 reps of the Tiger Stretch

Squats: 300 Tiger Bend Squats in about 9 minutes.

Atlas Situps: 54 in 2 minutes.
Was going to go for 3 minutes. But didn't feel like it.

MILOS: 2 sets of 10
Usually concentrate on breathing and stretching the gut by leaning backwards while doing these:
incorporate a Farmer Burns stomach flattener in the motion.

Furey Back Bridge: 180 count.
Had a little bit of difficulty today. Guess I need a good mat. Neck's a little stiff after the layoff. Had
more trouble today setting down than the previous 2 days,.

Hank

Share |

02-22-2011, 03:06 PM

More of a full workout today. Been kind of lax for awhile and the results show up in the reps.

I feel the loss of strength mostly in the upper body. Not so much in the legs. I suppose, if you lay off for awhile, that your strength levels automatically drop a certain percentage level.

Was up to about 90 sit ups in 3, 42 Tiger Stretch push ups in 1 set. Can't really tell the difference in the DSRs. Only to say that perhaps the tension is not what it used to be. But that's a hard quantity to measure.

Well, today's workout:

TIVI: a few reps to loosen up the joints and get the blood flowing.

Push ups:
25 Tiger Stretch push ups.

Sit-ups:
60 Atlas Sit-ups in 3 minutes.
Wow. You really have to keep these going to keep the strength levels up. Have to get back on the wagon.

Squats: 490 Tiger Bend, 10 Great Gama Jumpers.

MILOS: 1 set of 15.

Back Furey Bridge: 180 count.
Have been working out sporadically over the last few weeks. Have not been my usual consistent self. But the bridge takes awhile to settle in. Longer than it did before. Takes awhile for the bridge to bend the neck back to brink that old nose down to the mat. But it's starting to come around again.Getting back into shape again.

Hank.

Last edited by PowerHank; 02-22-2011 at 03:08 PM.

Share |

04-28-2011, 02:37 PM

Haven't been working out too regular lately. But will start to post again and will get back into the swing of things.

Tuesday Workout:

TIVI: a few reps to loosen up

Tiger Stretch Pushups: 25

Tiger Bend Squats: 433, finished up with 67 Great Gama Jump Squats.
About 13 minutes. Really haven't worked these in awhile, so was somewhat sore the next day. But am okay now.

Tiger Stretch Pushups: 20

Atlas Situps:
Didn't time myself. Just getting back into the flow again. Little bit out of shape. So, can't go as fast or do as much as before.

MILOS: 1 set of ten.

Furey Back Bridge: 180 count.

Wednesday. Just walked around sore most of the day.

Thursday:
Went for a 2 hour bike ride up and down the hills of PA. Some beautiful country.

And that's it for today.

Hank

Share |

05-06-2011, 03:56 PM

Friday Workout:

TIVI: about a half minute of the joint loosening exercises.

Pushups
25 Tiger stretch. Used to do more. But am kind of bummed out about doing pushups. I like squats.

Squats
450 Tiger Bend Squats
50 Great Gama Jump Squats. About 14:20

Atlas Situps
50 Atlas. Also, tried out my new superman wheel. Rolled out most of the way from a standing position before flattening out on my stomach. Now I know why they are called Supermans. Tried a few more. Tried it from the knees. Didn't do much. But it was enough to leave the abs sore. Still sore after a couple days.

MILOS 2x10

Furey Back Bridge
180 count.

Last edited by PowerHank; 05-06-2011 at 03:59 PM.

Share |

05-09-2011, 04:20 PM

Starting to work out in the wild again since it's finally starting to warm up.
Started to rain at the start of the workout. Got a little wet and steam was coming off by the time finished the squats.

Saturday Workout:

TIVI A few joint looseners to limber up the joints.

Pushups:
25 TigerStretch

Squats:
500 Tiger Bend. Picked up the pace a little today. Wanted to hit 500 in less than 12 minutes. At ten minutes was at a little over 400. Picked up the pace. At 11 minutes was at 448. Blew threw the remaining and ended up at around 11:55.

Situps: .
45 Atlas Sit ups. Wish there were some Tiger Situps. I like to have a consistent workout.

MILOS:
2 sets of 10

Furey Back Bridge:
180 count.

About a total of 9.6 miles on the Schwinn. Got a new (old Schwinn). Gave my other one to my friend whose was stolen. But he gave me a similar Schwinn the other day, little bit newer and nicer wheels. Nice bike.

Back from a Sunday break:
Monday Workout: Couple of body stretches to loosen up the back and energy lines along the back.

Pushups:
25 Tiger Stretch

Squats:
500 Tiger Bend. Took it easy today. Not sore anymore. But still took it easy. About 13:30 today. Didn't feel like pushing it.

Situps:
58 Atlas Situps. Getting over the resistance to doing these. Don't really want to do 3 minutes of these. But today went for 2 minutes. 58 in two minutes. Probably could have done another 20 or so in the last minute, if I tried. Elite level....

MILOS:
2 sets of 10

Furey Back Bridge:
180 count. Bridge is starting to come back.

Another Wild Wilderness Workout (WWW). 9.6 miles on the Schwinn.

Last edited by PowerHank; 05-09-2011 at 04:27 PM.

Share |

05-12-2011, 06:57 PM

Tuesday Workout: Couple of body stretches and a few rigorous TIVI

Pushups:
25 Tiger Stretch

Squats:

500 Tiger Bend. Little bit slower today at about 14:15

MILOS:
2 sets of 10

Furey Back Bridge:
180 count. Bridge is starting to come back.

Wednesday Workout:
Didn't do much Used the superman wheel and did 10 rollouts while on the knees. Muscles don't seem to be sore any more.

Thursday workout:
Another Wild Wilderness Workout
A few stretches and a good dose of TIVI to limber up.

Pushups:
25 Tiger Stretch. Felt good today. May start increasing the count again.

Squats
460 Tiger bend
40 Great Gama Jump Squats. Was going to do 50 but got caught up in the counting. And then I said was going to do 510 squats just so I could do 50 jumpers. But ... I just tucked it in. About 14:30. Squats felt good today. Legs felt elastic. Like rubber bands.

Atlas Situps
56 in 2 minutes. Slowed down a couple.

Furey Back Bridge
180 count. Neck is finally starting to limber up again.

And that's it.
Tried to do a standing superman roll out. I said I was going to use the power of the mind. I can do this. I can do this. Slowly rolled out to about full extension. Just thinking energy to the arms, energy to the gut, energy to the legs, energy to the ....... Splat. Not today. I guess this is going to take awhile to just be able to do one.

Hank

Share |

05-13-2011, 08:45 PM

Friday Workout:

Another Wild Wilderness Workout (WWW).

Finally, getting some warm weather up here in PA. While it's cool up here in PA, it's burning up in Texas. Pray for Texas. It's hot, dry, and it's a tinder box. Strange weather this year. The Mississippi floods, Texas burns, and tornadoes roll across the states. Too much heat, too much water, and too much wind.

But it was warmer today. But the waters are still somewhat cold. Good to get back in the water. May work on the swimming this year.

But today's workout:

TIVI: a few to limber up the joints and get the muscles primed.

Pushups:
25 Tiger Stretch. Shoulders feeling better. Did fall off the bike awhile back and bunged up the shoulder again. But seemed to have recuperated nicely.

Squats:
500 Tiger Stretch
Decided to push myself today to break 11 minutes. Have broken 10 before. But have been off for awhile. Don't feel like pressing it too much. Besides, it kind of wears out the joints going that fast. So settled in at a pace of about 47 squats a minute. Finished up 500 in 10:30.

Atlas Situps:
59 in 2 minutes.

Worked in about half of the chest routines from Pushing Yourself to Power (PYTP) in between. Used to work the whole routine in between the sets. Not today.

Furey Back Bridge:
180 count.

About 9.6 miles on the Schwinn.
And 5 rollouts on the Superman Wheel from the knees. I'm going to have to figure out a way to work up to one standing roll out. I'm setting a goal in writing to do at least 1 Superman standing roll out.

Hank

Share |

Legacy Member

05-14-2011, 05:48 PM

Sounds like a great workout. powerhank, I have a question, so basically your workout is tiger bend squats, tiger bend push-ups and atlas sit-ups and bike riding? i am thinking of doing a workout like that, just focusing on 4 exercises and also doing the ab wheel. I like your workout, how long have you been doing it? thank you for any replys, and let us know your progress in your workouts, thank you again.

Share |

05-15-2011, 02:51 AM

Hey Hank!

Perhaps after doing reps from the knees you might want to try doing partial reps, that's how I learned...

Facing a wall, place yourself at a distance not too far, rolling out to a comfortable distance touching the wheel to the wall & coming back.

Do a range where you can get lots of reps & go farther away from the wall as you adapt.

Scott

Share |

Tags
bicycle, gama, hill, powerhank, squats