Share |
MUR Workout: Don't ask. Well, ask if you want

03-25-2013, 03:26 PM

Hey, Brigade. Good to hear from you again. Been awhile.

Going to have to get back into the flow.

Today's workout:

Squats: 250 Tiger Bend in two sets of 125

Pushups: 50 Tiger Stretch
25, 15, 10

Furey Back Bridge: 180 count.

Hank

Share |

03-26-2013, 12:26 PM

Tuesday workout:

Pushups
: 57 Tiger Stretch
sets of 26, 17, 14
Increased the rep count today. I want to work up to at least 50 in one set as the current primary goal.

Squats: 500 Tiger Bend
sets of 168, 166, 166

Furey Back Bridge:
180 count

Worked in a few of the Pushing Yourself to Power exercises. Concentrated on form today in the pushups breathing in going to the stretch position and making a conscious effort to exhale all the air returning to the top. Seems like I've been running out of air, probably cause I don't exhale fully. Seems to work.

Hank

Share |

03-27-2013, 09:25 PM

Wednesday Workout:

Squats: 500
Upping the count for one set. Not really moving that fast as before--around about 32 a minute. Haven't been working out that consistently lately. But hopefully I'm back in the groove.
483 Tiger Bend - 17 Great Gama Jump Squats to finish out.

Pushups: 25 Tiger Stretch

Liederman Chest Press. A few reps

Furey Back Bridge: 180 count.

Getting back in the flow.

Hank

Share |

05-31-2013, 07:58 PM

Friday Workout:

Tiger Stretch Pushups:
25, 20

Squats:
490 Tiger Bend, 10 Great Gama Jump Squats

Furey Back Bridge:
180 counts

Worked in the PYTP chest exercises.

Weighed myself recently. Down about 40 pounds from 199 pounds when I first started about 7 years ago. Took awhile. But now am at 160 pounds. Current height is at 5'8˝" . And I'm feeling full of energy, alert, and ready to go.

Great program. Noticing good muscular build in the arms, good definition in the pectorals, and good size and tremendous strength and endurance in the legs. The thing I like about these exercises is that they make you look lean and mean. Pectoral development looks better than when I was lifting weights in my late teens and early twenties. These dynamic visual resistance (DVR) and dynamic self resistance (DSR) exercises produce a more sculpted and aesthetically pleasing muscle build than packing the weights on the machines..

Hank

Last edited by PowerHank; 05-31-2013 at 08:06 PM.

Share |

06-04-2013, 05:56 PM

Tuesday Workout:

Pushups: 45 Tiger Stretch
25, 20

499 Tiger Bend, 1 Great Gama Jump Squat

Furey Back Briidge: 180 count

Worked in the Pushing Yourself to Power (PYTP) chest routines

Hank

Share |

Legacy Member

06-06-2013, 12:03 PM

PowerHank, great to see that you are posting again, do you follow any special kind of diet? Sounds like your workouts are going great keep up the great work.

Share |

06-30-2013, 08:16 PM

So Hank, how are you?

You seem to check in, on a monthly / semi-monthly basis...

Do you do this workout every single day, even though you only write it up once in a while? (I'm guessing.)

I really applaud you for your consistency & in keeping up those Hindi squats...

I wish I didn't jump around in my programs so much...

Weights for a while, then I start gaining too much weight. Back to the body-weight stuff for a while cause it's better for fitness, then I start to feel not as physically strong because I'm also dieting & losing weight, so it's back to the weights, meanwhile I'm not consistent in either because I keep switching back & forth so I end up losing conditioning, flexibility & strength more than if I just concentrated on one thing which probably should be what your doing...

(Wacky ya know...)

I think I better go see a therapist

Share |

07-13-2013, 12:45 PM

Yes, Hank, please tell us about your diet. Congratulations by the way!!!

I'm about 190 and could probably stand to lose a bit of lard-lumps...

How did your strength & energy levels do during your weight-loss time???

Share |

10-31-2013, 02:24 PM

I'll take more time to reply in the future. But basically a morning breakfast of oatmeal mixed with about a 1/3 cup of raw wheat germ, with cinnamon, and a little honey to taste. A lot of water. And then I would eat a late afternoon meal of homemade tortillas made from whole wheat flour, sour dough yeast, and salt. Usually used these to make egg or tuna tacos. In general, I just ate enough to keep the hunger away.

It's a pretty simple diet. Would supplement with fish oil, alfalfa, and iodine supplements. And I pretty much totally cut out any form of sugar except for the honey. No soft drinks, no white sugar, no brown sugar, no high fructose corn syrup.

And I really didn't have to exercise that much. But I'll go into detail later.

Yesterday's workout:

455 Tiger Bend, 45 Great Gama Jump Squats.

Pushups: 100 Tiger stretch
4 sets of 25.

Furey Back Bridge: 180 counts.

Worked in the Chest routines from Pushing Yourself to Power. And I added a special wrinkle to the squats. More details later. Have some interesting observations and new techniques that I'm applying to the same old workout.

Hank

Share |

Legacy Member

10-31-2013, 05:45 PM

PowerHank, glad to see you posting again, looking forward to your training insights and wrinkles to your squats, I'm always interested in different ideas on squats and workouts.

Share |

Tags
bicycle, gama, hill, powerhank, squats