Share |
Conditioning input

03-04-2015, 06:33 AM

Hey Guys,

Lately I've been crushing the conditioning, jumping rope for 10 minutes, then super setting pushups and sit-ups for 15 minutes then finishing with one long set of squats for 10-15 minutes. Do you guys think there is more benefit to doing a push-up/sit-up/squat circuit or the way I've been doing it? It seems I could get a lot more volume doing circuits, but I may get more muscular development going the way I've been going. Just interested to hear all of your thoughts.

Share |

Legacy Member

03-04-2015, 08:15 AM

WeaponX, I think either way is great for conditioning, 10 minutes of jumping rope along with push ups,sit up,and squats will have anyone huffing and puffing,I myself like to do the circuit of push ups,squats,and sit ups, because for me it gives me a little bit longer rest for me before doing push ups, which still to this day is the exercise that is tuff for me,sometimes I still do a circuit of the squats push ups,150 rope skips,and sit ups,which works out good for me also,I think either way like I said earlier you will reap great conditioning benefits,also the step up in another great exercise you can throw in the mix if you want,keep up the great work,your doing a great job!

Share |

03-04-2015, 02:29 PM

Thanks Dyno! Always love your replies! I guess mixing it up couldn't hurt but you can't beat circuits for time efficiency.i definitely love step ups as well.

Share |

Author

03-04-2015, 05:34 PM

Hey Weaponx,

I think mixing it up from time to time is the best way to go.

I personally recommend that you write your workouts down each day and note how you feel.

By noting how "you feel" I am referring to how strong you feel, your energy level, how well balanced your emotional state is and so forth. Believe me, when you hit that ideal balance you will feel strong and energized more than 90% of the time.

---John Peterson

Share |

Banned

03-04-2015, 08:04 PM

I agree with John. I like to mix it up for time to time.I like to switch things up every 4 to 6 weeks. For me personally I feel this keeps training interesting.

michael

Share |

03-05-2015, 07:18 PM

Thank you all for your input! Going to go by feel and stick with the basics!

Share |