Share |
Scott Glenn, A Real Man Among Men

Legacy Member

Send a message via Skype™ to bennyb

03-24-2016, 03:22 PM

Me and my girl have been watching the Netflix Show Daredevil and one of the guest stars is long time actor Scott Glenn. I've seen him in a few films my favorite of his is Silverado with Kevin Kline & Kevin Costner. After reading this article on an interview on him, I have new found respect for this guy who is 75 Years old.

He overcame an illness at 9, punches sharks, trains with knives, works with SEAL Team 6 and majority of his fitness is push-ups, core & Pull-ups. The article does have a bit of language so just to warn you.

http://www.gq.com/story/actor-scott-...ear-old-badass

Share |

Author

03-24-2016, 06:01 PM

Hey BennyB,

Scott Glen has always been one of my favorite actors.

When he was in the movie "The Right Stuff" he was one man that looked as though he really was "The Right Stuff". Another movie that he did that I really enjoyed was "The Keep"

When I was first dating my Denise she asked me who my favorite actor was and I said, "Well, since Steve McQueen died in 1980, I'd have to say Scott Glenn." She responded, "I'm not sure who you mean" I responded, " If you saw him you would know who I mean. He looks like a perfect cross between David Carradine and Clint Eastwood. He's got a lithe, lean muscular body and looks like he could kick some serious ass." Denise immediately said, "He was the guy in Urban Cowboy that made John Travolta look like a little boy." To which I responded, "I never saw Urban Cowboy." She then told me, "The guy I'm thinking of looks exactly like a cross between David Carradine and Clint Eastwood so it must be the same guy." I went to a friend's video store and found out that Denise was right. Scott Glenn was in Urban Cowboy. Another great role was 'The Hunt For Red October' Captain Bart Mancuso.

Anyway, I'm tracking with you BennyB. Scott Glenn is one exceptional man.

---John Peterson

PS: I did not realize he had his shoulder replaced twice until I read the article.

Share |

Tags
75 years old, navy seal, scott glenn, training