Share |
The iso motivational story thread

12-10-2009, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJustice View Post
Proper bump

-Joe
Dang your good Joe.In the time it took for me to scour the forum I come to find that you already bumped it.

I feel like ive been thanking you alot lately.What the heck thanks again.

PEACE

Share |

Legacy Member

12-10-2009, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Knight View Post
Dang your good Joe.In the time it took for me to scour the forum I come to find that you already bumped it.
I got mad skillz!

-Joe

Share |

Legacy Member

12-10-2009, 02:17 PM

BK,

Great photo by the way.

Would love to see a few video clips (Joe style) of you training with isometrics. I know that several fighters come to you for training how have they accepted the Transformetics, Tiger Moves, G.U.T.S. type training? Have you had a chance to try any of the heavy bag isos?

Still hoping to make it up your way for and event and possibly a booth as you suggested. Im sure that there are plenty on the forum that would be really excited to show up and cheer you on, John included.

Your posts are different because your physical activities are different than most here, Im assuming that you are the only combat athlete on this forum competing at the level that you do. Keep up the posts they are inspiring and motivating even when they don't get a lot of posted response.

Put me down as a fan of Isos.

GB

Share |

Legacy Member

12-12-2009, 07:05 AM

Hey Black Knight,

I read on another thread about your concern about this thread not taking off. I share that frustration at times! What is important to remember is that a well worded thread is a well worded thread period. A good thought is a good thought. What we are adding here-many of us are good writers, is a compendium of knowledge and wisdom that I believe will stand the test of time.

Now as far as iso's. My story is that I have always been strong, just born that way I suppose. I am the guy folks call when they are moving or when they need heavy stuff taken care of around the house. I was an elite athlete in my youth and have been a Martial Artist and teacher a long time (as well as in my younger days-full contact, nothing held back fighting. This was before MMA). I only say this as I have found that iso's have helped in so many ways. From healing an injury to making Beng Chuan incredibly powerful.

Benny B said something on another thread I really agree with. Isometrics strengthen you from the inside out. Some may seem thin or wiry, but with the steady practice of iso's are incredibly strong. Others may be big and powerful and they embody the 'iron bar wrapped in cloth' kind of strength.

Whoever you are, no matter the build you will find incredible strength through iso's. A simple glance at history will show you this.

My story? I am almost 50 and no one believes me! They all think I am in my 30's or 40's. I still get the calls to help lift things and move things. More importantly (like I write about in my poetry/commentary threads, 'On being a Warrior' - join in Black Knight I would love to see your comments) I can assume all the various responsibilities of my station in life (there are many difficult parts in my life as my Brothers Jon and Greg know) and also find the pearl at the bottom of the sea, with this practice.

In the long run, it is the quiet hours isn't it? After people have gone and you are in silence. What have you gleaned from your practice; mentally, spiritually, physically, socially, and emotionally.

I find that the practice of iso's has led me to gains in all these aspects of being a human being. Mentally sharp as a tack and laser like focus and great visualization.
Spiritually-like the fine Spanish sword thrust in the fire many times,I have found out about myself on myriad levels through this practice.
Physically-I have maintained and gained incredible strength.
Socially - I have found a great home here on this forum (not everyone responds to threads, but I know you are all here with me, and for me and all others).
Emotionally - physical culture allows for the natural release of positive chemicals in the mind/body. Life at times can be hard. Not reacting emotionally to issues can be helpful. The steady practice of iso's helps emotional states and as I have written many times before leads one to understand that the emotional state is impermanent.

Above is just a tiny list of what Transformetrics offers.

Well too much written above I suppose. Just wanted to give you support my friend. I have watched your threads and enjoyed reading them.

The isometric/G.U.T.S story is a powerful story. Perhaps the greatest ever written in Physical Culture history. Let us all share in that story....
peace,
jason

Last edited by Greg Newton; 12-12-2009 at 09:06 AM.

Share |

12-13-2009, 06:19 AM

I find there is a great difference on this forum between the members. It runs the gamut from Black night types; those in great shape, lookng for an edge to be better than the other fighters, to repairing injuries.
At the other end of the spectrum lies people like me. We are the ill, old, or disabled looking for a way to make doing daily functions like bathing, dressing, walking from one room to the next, easier for us. Our interests in exercise are not primarily looks or bragging rights to high numbers in pushups. Ours is a life and death struggle.
I am always encouraged by the members and never scorned at my lack of physical ability. ( I am a Viet Nam vet and never considered myself a target of poor health in the future.)
I cannot do any long exercises as riding a stationary bike. I used to ride 30 minutes with no problem. Now 2 minutes and the heart cannot keep up with the blood flow.
I also hated cardio in my youth and always chose weights.
Since meeting Mr. Peterson a few years ago, I have settled on Isometrics as my form of exercise. I have firmed up my chest, arms, and shoulders. My legs have a little shape from wall squats.
I have found a way to exercise with my many and deadly illnesses that I like to do and that produce results from my workouts.
Without Isometrics, I would be so weak I cannot comprehend the probable bed ridden condition I would be in.
It took a long time to realize "I am my own best trainer", albeit improving each month.
My life has some quality minutes each day thanks to isometrics taught by the devotees of this forum.
MikeNY, gruntbrain, Mr Peterson, and many others, have helped me to live a little longer. I can still dress myself, feed myself, walk a few rooms away, and generally take care of myself. Which means I still have some pride left.
Isos are king in my book.

Last edited by hollyweed88; 12-13-2009 at 06:25 AM. Reason: spelling errors

Share |

Legacy Member

12-13-2009, 09:06 AM

hollyweed88,

Thank you for your service and sacrifice to our country.

GB

Share |

Legacy Member

12-13-2009, 01:23 PM

Hollyweed,

I've said it before and I'll say it again, you are a true hero in every sense of the word. Thank you for the inspiriong testimony of your struggle.

Greg Newton

Share |

12-14-2009, 02:48 AM

Thank you for the kind words, Mr. Newton.
I neglected to include your name as one of the forum members whose words have inspired me to push on.
GB, thank you.

Share |

12-14-2009, 03:14 AM

Hollyweed88...you're a priceless asset to this forum.
May you live many more years and enjoy good health, and give us the pleasure of being part of this forum.

The price of excellence is discipline. The cost of mediocrity is disappointment. William Arthur Ward

Share |

12-14-2009, 07:20 AM

Wow! Hollyweed88, Reading your story reminds me to put things in perspective. I've a lot going against me right now, and this time of the year can make it harder to deal, but at the end of the day I don't have to face what you do on a daily basis. Your courage is inspirational, in the face of all the odds you refused to give up on life. I wanted to throw the towel in on something because I was discouraged, but I see your courage and am humbled by it. Thank you for sharing with the forum. You will be in my prayers that your victories over your health problems will be many and with God's grace your quality time will be continual instead of moments. God bless you.

Share |

Tags
isometrics