Share |
Dynamic training inspires a Cat to train!

11-15-2009, 06:07 PM

This morning, before church, I was getting in a quick set of Dynamic Visualized Resistance training...

My big white cat, Ty, was watching me as usual. But, todayas I worked my chest, then my back, I noticed he wasn't dozing on the hassock as usual- he was really watching!

I could see the wheels turning in his little cat-head. And the next time I glanced towards him, he was exercising as well!! I mean, it's not like I could teach him anything about DVR training- Charles Atlas had learned it from a large relative of HIS! But, here he was, doing DVR exercises (very expertly, I might add!), as I did the same. He didn't do the same muscle groups that I did, but he did them ALL, in a really flowing, masterful style.

I finished up, as I usually do, with a long bridge... he did NOT join me; instead, he came around and made me pet him, for the entire duration of the bridge, with my free arms! (Upside down, of course).

When I came down from the bridge, he ran as fast as he could- back and forth from the living room-dining room-kitchen and then (somehow!) opened a kitchen cupboard and jumped inside!

When I walked into the kitchen, he was lying WAY BACK in the rear of the deep cupboard, eyes aglow, tail twitching...

JUST WAITING FOR ANYONE TO MESS WITH HIM!!

I tip-toed meekly into the shower. I'd been totally "one-upped"!

Last edited by jaymo; 12-06-2009 at 07:25 PM.

Share |

11-16-2009, 05:59 AM

Great post Jaymo! Our cat also comes down and watches us when we work out. Sometimes it is okay but at times it can really mess up our concentration. Our cat likes to attack us at the best times. I think that it is teamed up with our two little minpins. We have had to ban them to the outdoors when we work out because they like to attack our ankles.

Aaron

Share |

11-16-2009, 07:37 PM

This morning, I awoke when the gray man came downstairs. I feigned sleep, until he opened the cat food tin, then sauntered in, looking bored.

As he made his trademark "juice drink" (YUCK! Fruits, vegetables, yogurt, orange juice and milk!! ICK- what a loser) I ate my heavenly all meat breakfast. I had earned it: the day before had been a long, hard day! Here's why:

The gray man, aka "loser", started out with the tractor, dragging logs for who knows what! Of course, I have to do the hard part- sit on the tractor seat, supervising. That tractor seat is so tight, probably because old "gray man" has such a fat a- er, he takes up too much room on the seat. Anyway, after dragging the stupid logs, he went and got the jeep, which I also had to ride in (to supervise of course!), and he cut up the logs with a buzzing loud thing, and threw them into a trailer, which I also had to ride in to make sure the gray guy didn't do something wrong.

Naturally, I was totally exhausted, and came inside to sleep, although I had slept for a few hours outside in the trailer, since the sun was out... felt good! Then, ate some more all meat all the time supper, and went back to sleep.

This morning, the old gray ghost gave me some more meat (He'd better!), and then went in and started doing a really bad impersonation of ME! Really, it was kind of funny, if it hadn't been so sad...

I mean, I am TOTALLY into my body- when I flex, I FLEX! Gray guy tries; but he just isn't totally INTO it- he's not really a feline. So, I try to show him how it's done, and- well, at least he tries, bless his soul!

But I get kind of mad- he should be DONE, but then he starts like bobbin up and down on his arms, and sitting up over and over like some stupid mouse! Really embarrassing. But, finally he does what I've been waiting for-

He bends up backwards, with his old gray head upended so his nose touches the floor, and his arched belly sticks up to the ceiling! HILARIOUS!! If only cats had Youtube...

Anyway, I go up,and start licking his helpless, inverted face with my sandpaper-like tongue! HA HA!! I know I'll get a solid 3 minutes of quality petting time... OR ELSE!! My tongue is rough, but my claws are ROUGHER!

Suck it up, and PET, gray man!!

Ty

Share |

Tags
dvr, tiger moves