Share |
Generating Nerve-Force

Author

12-23-2009, 08:17 AM

Hey Friends,

This is one incredible thread. And Jason has brought up some fascinating points for all of us to ponder. In particular he states in Number2) Our pain over time and blockages have become old friends.They have become habitual patterns that feel comforting and 'right' in situations that arise.For some students it is difficult to let this go. To give themselves permission to dissolve this damned energy and blockage-to openness. I can attest to this through observation of many students over the years as well as myself and my initial journey. When I first started it was easy for me to keep my lower back rigid(I have a badly broken back). I will never forget the feeling of letting go of this habitual pattern of tenseness and giving myself permission to open. My break is around the mingmen point(very important for energy cultivation).Once I felt the energy and the blockage subside,it was like a kundalini experience.More importantly liberating! body/mind/spirit.

I mention this for one specific reason. Lately I have been studying the Prayer Of St. Francis of Assisi and it occurred to me when considering what Jason wrote above that St. Francis was aware that there were and are certain "blockages" that prevent us from experiencing the Joy of Life in Body/Mind/Spirit to the fullest. His famous prayer is one that is asking divine intervention and awareness to help remove these "blockages" that have held of humanity captive. Please read what he says.

Prayer of Saint Francis of Assisi

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace.
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury,pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
and where there is sadness, joy.

O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek
to be consoled as to console;
to be understood as to understand;
to be loved as to love.
For it is in giving that we receive;
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life. Amen.

Once again, great post Jason. Thank You.

---John Peterson

Share |

Legacy Member

12-23-2009, 08:40 AM

Hi My Brother,

That is one of my favorite Prayers. I love St. Francis! That was a great,great tie in John(I agree,it is important to study this Prayer very carefully!)! Thank you!

peace and love,
jason

Share |

12-23-2009, 11:54 AM

That prayer of St, Francis echos the wisdom of sages in all ages and all cultures. There are positives in life and there are negatives. There is light and there is darkness. There is the yin and the yang. Our modern culture has brought prosperity and lifestyles that were not even imagined generations ago. Today people of very modest means have access to comforts and luxuries that even kings couldn't imagine generations ago. It is the result of acess to increased knowledge, education, and information produced by the advance of science and the application of the scientific method and quantitative thinking. In the process though as individuals we have given up our greatest personal power power - the ability to create and rely on our instincts,and our intuitve abilites. Regardless of what activity of life we are engaged in; the geniuses in that activity and those who have been most successful have relied on this potenital internal ability. Napoleon Hill called it "The sixth sense", Maxwell Maltz in "Psychocybernetics" called it our "success mechanism" and Alois P. Swoboda referred to it as our "evolutionary success principle." It is the ability to create and use our imagination. John Muir said, ‘The power of imagination makes us infinite,.’ Albert Einstein said,"Imagination is more important than knowledge" and Napoleon Bonaparte said,"Imagination rules the world." All of those negative thoughts-hate, anger, fear etc block our ability to live in the moment and respond to the matter at hand with our greatest power-our imagination. In one respect NERVE FORCE is creative unlimited imagination in action.

Last edited by Andy62; 12-23-2009 at 12:13 PM.

Share |

12-23-2009, 09:27 PM

All,

Here is an inquiry concerning the enhancement of one’s ability to “conduct” (in the direct and control sense of the word) NERVE FORCE via Isometric “tension” exercise and some possibilities as to the paring of appropriate “functional opposites”. Any suggestions?

Here is the same statement asked another way,

It seems to me, through my understanding and application of isometrics (all covered within various transformetrics texts) that I am developing my ability to express this energy outward to the physical world that surrounds me. I want to ensure that I am also developing my ability to “pull” (energy within) and “discern” (energy around) me. Any suggestions?

Thank You,

MWM

Share |

12-24-2009, 03:57 AM

MWM, there are many ways to do that. The first I'd recommend that is very complimentary to Isometrics/Transformetrics is to learn to deeply relax every muscle in the body.

There are various techniques for learning this, and they go very, very deep. I learned one called Vipassana meditation as taught by S.N. Goenka in his intensive 10-day meditation retreats, but you can also learn much less intense versions of "body scan" mindfulness meditation through various resources.

Share |

12-24-2009, 04:00 AM

Big Bear/Jason,

I am touched by your heartful expression of the same truths I have contemplated too. I have worked with many such blockages in my mind and body over the years---often in overly intense confrontations that sometimes left me worse off. In the past couple there have been some very deep and subtle blockages that I've been slowly getting to know, more gently and patiently. It's an amazing journey, perhaps endless even.

Share |

12-24-2009, 04:02 AM

John,

I really appreciate the prayer from Saint Francis. What beautiful words.

Share |

12-24-2009, 07:55 PM

mwm, What you are experiencing is just part of the process. DVR/VRT, Isometrics, and Isometric Power Flexing all send the thought impulses along your neural pathways directly to the subconscious mind and in the process they bypass the conscious mind where all of the limiting messages that we pick up during our socialization or social conditioning are located. The subconscious mind controls our autonomic functions such as breathing, digestion, our heart beat etc. During the monitoring of Yogis in experiments carried on at the Menninger Foundation it was scientifically proven that yogis could stop their heart beat and restart it, control their digestion and other autonomic bodily functions At the conclusion of the experiments they described yoga in the following way: "Get into a relaxed state and visualize the desired bodily functions". I have never practiced yoga,but I look at DVR/VRT, Isometrics, and Isometic Power Flexing as demystified yoga with the sandskrit chants and postures removed. One book that I would recommend is "Yoga And Health" by Selvarajan Yesudian and Elizabeth Haich. It was published by Harper and Brothers in 1953 and is currently out of print ,but from time to time copies appear on abebooks.com It is the best book on the power of the mind over the body that I have found and has numerous discussions in it of projecting energy or vital force through the body. Gordon

Share |

12-25-2009, 01:15 PM

Looks like there are 30 or more used copies of Yoga and Health available on Alibris.com, and a few on Amazon too:

http://www.alibris.com/search/books/...20and%20Health
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss?ur...+Haich&x=0&y=0

I might have to get myself a late Christmas present!

Share |

12-25-2009, 03:56 PM

duff, If you do decide to buy it I really believe that you will learn a lot from it. There is a great chapter in it called "The Miracle Of Slow Motion Exercises" which is the yoga version of DVR/VRT exercises. The following quote is from that chapter: "We use our imaginations to send vital force to various parts of the body, persistently developing strength, and if we watch our muscles during the exercise or watch them on a mirror , we will soon build a body so beautiful that even athletes will admire it...all we need is a mirror and fifteen minutes a day" Gordon

Share |

Tags
nerve force