Share |
The Tiger Stretch Push up

Banned

12-23-2009, 04:43 PM

I took a break from the Tiger Stretch push up for several months. I decided to resume these push ups because one of the stretches that I do at the beginning of my Tae Kwan Do class resembles this push up. I had forgotten how this push up works the body from head to toe and stretches muscles all over the body. At one point about a year ago, I was doing a set of over 100. I think I could push myself to that point, but I would pay for it the next day, so I am doing sets of 25 to get reacclimated to this great exercise. I did this in a circuit with Tiger Bend squats and bridged to rest between sets. I look forward to being able to complete the Trinity workout again in its entirety.

Share |

Author

12-23-2009, 04:59 PM

Hey Stingray,

As a full body stretch/strength exercise, the Tiger Stretch Push-Up is without equal in my opinion. I usually have one or two days each month where I do one ultra long set of 300 or more. As you know from having taken a break and then resuming, it affects just about every muscle in the entire body and on both sides of the body and distributes the full work load in a rather amazing way. Truly an amazing exercise.

---John Peterson

Share |

Tags
push-ups