Share |
running advise for prmc

03-15-2012, 09:59 AM

im looking to join the royal marines and have my pre royal marine course on may 8th its a three day course, i need top marks for everything or il have to wait months to try again

the fittness requirements are
60+ press ups
85+sit ups
8 minimum pull ups
1.5 mile in 12.30mins group run(iv been told the PTI usualy does this run between 1030-1130), followed by 1 min rest, 1.5 best effort in 8.50 for top marks
then a bleep test scoring 13+

i have no problems with the first 3
but i am doing a 1.5 mile in 9 50- 10 10 (not good enough)
and im scoriung 11 on my bleep test (not good enough)

i live in the country side so i have accesss to plenty of fields, roads and hills and i have a stop watch but i cant get to a track and its hard to find specific distance spots like 200m so running for a certain amount of time would be easyer to do rather than set distance
i can find set distances if necisary

could somone help me with a running plan to help im not new to running im just not making anymore improvments iv currently been doing
mon 5 flat sprints, 5 steep hill sprints
tue/thur 45-60 min easy run
wed/fri 30min tempo run
i have been missinf tempo runs from time to time from lake of wanting to throw up lolz

thank you for your time

Share |

03-15-2012, 04:09 PM

Your program seems pretty solid. Maybe instead of flat sprints do 1 minute hard( perferably a little faster than mile but not all out) and then run slow for a minute do 8 to 10 of those. You have to increase your VO2 which will give you staying power for the mile and a half. I would also maybe do 30 sec hard, 30 sec easy, 1 minute hard, 1 minute easy, 2 min, 3, 4 and back down. Now if you run too fast you will be bent over tasting lunch.
You must do these comfortably hard. After your distance runs do 3x30 second cut downs. Start at mile pace and go a little faster by the 3rd one. The tempo run should be done 40/50 sec slower than your top 1.5 speed. So looks like around 7:00 to 7:30. You physiologically only need 20 minute tempo to get the effects.

Try these and remember to not go too fast, if you feel good pick up the last half. Most Americans run hard the first half and die the second. To run your best time you need to run the 1.5 at an even pace picking up the last 1/4h.

If you can get to a track a few times and do some 400s and 200s at your current mile to mile and a half pace. Ex: 4x400, 4x200 with a 90 second rest inbetween.

Hope this helps.
Monty

Share |

03-15-2012, 04:54 PM

should i do the 10 sprints and sprinting pyramid on seperate days

thank you for you comment its been very helpfull

Share |

03-15-2012, 10:33 PM

Yes, do a hard easy method, so a hard day and then an easy day, you might even need two easy days. One way to tell is to take your heartrate right when you wake up. If your pulse is like 55 for a few day and then after a hard workout it is 70 then that is a good indication that you need to go easy.

Please let us know how you do.

Monty

Share |

Tags
marine, mile, plateu, prmc, running