Share |
Assembling a nutritious lunch

01-12-2010, 11:05 AM

The recipe looks great, but this thread reminds me why I'm glad I do intermittent fasting, postponing breakfast until afternoon or early evening. I haven't touched my tupperware drawer in over a year. No prep, no planning.

To each his own. My way, besides working for me, appeals to my lazy and frugal nature.

Back to the recipe - it looks like a great supper.

Tom

Share |

Legacy Member

01-12-2010, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom View Post
...I do intermittent fasting, postponing breakfast until afternoon or early evening.
Tom, you should start a thread and expand on this. I don't believe many know what you're talking about when you bring up "intermittent fasting". Including me.

I've seen you pepper the phrase "intermittent fasting" in lot of different threads, but I don't think you've ever explained what it is.

-Joe

Share |

Legacy Member

01-12-2010, 11:32 AM

There you have it, Tom. Looks like Donna is deferring to you, that makes you the expert. Time to step up.

-Joe

Share |

01-12-2010, 11:36 AM

Good idea. But you did read the lazy part, right? I'll probably get to it.

Starting a thread - it's the difference between a multiple choice problem and an essay problem.

Still, good idea.

Tom

Share |

Legacy Member

01-12-2010, 11:41 AM

Yeah, you're closing in on 800 posts there and I think (if you actually do it - not holding my breath) it'll be the very first thread you've ever started, no? Okay maybe you've made half a dozen or so. If you'd like, I could start a thread about something totally unrelated so you can hijack it and make it about intermittent fasting. Might help you feel more comfortable.

-Joe

Share |

Legacy Member

01-12-2010, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddc View Post
Snacks--just say no
With respect DDC, I semi-disagree. Un-healthy snacks - just say no :-D.

little string cheese here and there, or an apple during your day, I think it's a great way to keep the energy up while being healthy on your system.

Getting fit not only requires strength and determination, but the discipline to do what is necessary to reach your goals.

Share |

01-12-2010, 01:29 PM

Hi Joe, I really liked your opening post. As I read it, I imagined that it was one of your YouTube videos. There you are in your kitchen as Joe the Transformetrics Chef, wearing a white chef's hat and apron, and explaining in detail how to whip up a delectable and nutritious creation while demonstrating a few push-ups and squats between recipe steps, kind of like this: "While we are waiting for the squish to cook, we can knock off a set of push-ups." Come to think of it, this could be a whole new direction for your videos. There could even be a new Bronze Bow recipe book: Transform Your Diet with Joe Justice. Joe, this could be the start of something big, really big.

P.S. I didn't think Power Eating would be a good title.

"Aslan didn't tell Pole what would happen if she followed the signs. He simply told us what to do. This fellow might be the death of us if we loose him, but that doesn't let us off following Aslan's signs."
-Puddleglum, The Silver Chair, Book 4 in The Chronicles of Narnia, by C.S.Lewis

Last edited by April; 01-12-2010 at 01:31 PM.

Share |

Legacy Member

01-12-2010, 01:41 PM

Joe Justice: Certified He-Chef

I like it!

Actually, I have been thinking of moving in this direction with some of my videos. I'm planning on talking more and more about nutrition.

And omad0n, you're right. "Snack" isn't a dirty word and can be a key element of a good nutritional strategy.

-Joe

Share |

01-12-2010, 02:52 PM

Quote:
it'll be the very first thread you've ever started, no? Okay maybe you've made half a dozen or so.
Ok, now I'll play dirty. I'll borrow a title from another thread to use in this one. I'm talking about John's thread of information overload. There are plenty of threads with plenty of information. I see a need of tweaking what is there already, not increasing it.

And now I really owe you a thread - painted myself into a corner. You don't even have to put up a decoy for me to aim at. I will address the question of: energy from snacks - mental or real? meals/snacks - necessary or a path to delusion? My opinions will surprise and amaze you! Stay tuned! Exclamation marks - meaningful or a substitute for something worth saying?

I love string cheese. Great to play with while eating and delicious. Play and food - the pleasures of life.

Tom

Share |

Legacy Member

01-12-2010, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom View Post
And now I really owe you a thread - painted myself into a corner. You don't even have to put up a decoy for me to aim at. I will address the question of: energy from snacks - mental or real? meals/snacks - necessary or a path to delusion? My opinions will surprise and amaze you! Stay tuned! Exclamation marks - meaningful or a substitute for something worth saying?
WOW! All of that information in one post?? Have Matt Furey write up the ad copy for that and you could easily expand it 20 pages!!

-Joe

Share |

Tags
diet, joe justice, lunch, nutrition