Share |
Spring Training: Two Diet Tips!

Legacy Member

03-04-2010, 10:08 AM

First off, it's Thursday! So if you're going to be in the Spring Into Transformetrics Challenge, be sure to send me your pics by the end of the week! Don't forget!

Second, I firmly want everyone to win! So I'm going to start posting some regular training and diet tips under the title "Spring Training". This first one is two dieting tips that can really help you melt away the fat.

Now before I get any comments saying, "Oh you shouldn't diet, you should change your lifestyle" or "Diets are temporary," or anything like that, let me say, I agree 100%! But we're in a competition here and with that in mind, I'm gonna give the "Don't hassle my bros" directive for anyone working hard to make a big change for this contest. We don't want to do anything extreme, but it's not going to hurt anyone to step it up and work extra hard for a few months!

Tip #1: Try carb cycling. You can make this as complex or as simple as you like, but basically if you eat high carbs one day, you eat low carbs the next. So lemme give you an idea for breakfast. On Monday you might just have three eggs. On Tuesday, you might have a sweet potato and a cup of black beans. Then repeat that cycle. For lunch; Chicken on salad one day, chicken with pasta the next. You get the idea

Tip #2: Fast at least 12 hours a day. Whether you skip breakfast and eat a late dinner or eat an early dinner with no late snack, give yourself 12 hours of nothing to eat. I stop eating around 7:00PM and don't eat breakfast until 8:00AM. I use to be against this idea, because they say eating regularly spaced meals will speed up your metabolism, but since I've given this a good go, I've had great success with it!

-Joe

Share |

03-04-2010, 10:31 AM

Thanks Joe. These are great tips and ones that work. We look forward to seeing more tips along the way.

Stacy

Share |

Author

03-04-2010, 10:50 AM

Hey Joe, good tips and I would recommend Intermittent Fasting (IF) which has been brought up here before. I never eat until 1:00 pm, have been doing this for over a month. My dinner is completed at 6:30 pm, so no food is partaken for more than 18 hours. Eating window is 5-1/2 hours, and I only have two meals in that time, slowly eaten.

I exercise for 1/2 hour at 7:00 am, and gorge myself with lots and lots of water until the fast is broken at 1 pm. I highly recommend this for boundless energy in the AM. I fast for Lent anyways, and offer it up for the poor souls in purgatory. So my satisfaction is both physical and spirtitual!! This works.

Greg Mangan

Share |

03-04-2010, 07:36 PM

Two good tips, Joe. My style of carb cycling is going between low to medium. I wouldn't classify any time as high carb except for parties, celebrations, etc., which I classify as gluttony, and proud of it. I stick to low most of the time and do my medium around exercise time.

Twelve hours is a good, achievable starting and/or ending goal time for fasting. Twelve hours will give your stomach a chance to shrink and feel full with just a moderate breakfast.

'Tsall a good place to start to be aware of your own eating needs and your perceived and real hunger demands.

Tom

Share |

Tags
competition, diet, spring training