Share |
Ageless Youth: 2 Musts to Avoid

Author

09-09-2017, 01:40 PM

Hello Friends,

I was asked in an e-mail today when I will be releasing Living Strength Book #1

Answer: I'm getting very close to releasing Living Strength: Power Secrets From the Fountain of Youth.

I'm almost ready to pull the trigger and then the others will follow and continue to follow in rapid succession.

However, before they are released let me just tell you now that if you are serious about reclaiming youthful hormone production, youthful muscle mass and youthful flexibility you MUST avoid 2 things.

#1) A Low Fat/High Carbohydrate diet will emasculate you. I am not saying to never eat carbs or to over consume the wrong kinds of fat. That would be sheer stupidity. BUT your body manufactures the hormones of youth from the right kinds of FATS. This is where natural nuts, seeds, avocados, eggs and full fat organic dairy are among the best foods you can consume. So are Cold water fish, natural game, bison and grass fed beef and lamb. Your carbs should come from vegetables and fruits and not from grains.

#2) Long Duration/Steady State Cardio Exercise should be avoided completely for those that are out to recharge youthful hormone production. Granted there are those men that enjoy running marathons and ultra mararthons. (I know because 35 + years ago I was among them. ) I'm not talking about them. But long duration cardio should be avoided because it will only serve to drain your energy, lower your testosterone, and deplete muscle mass and diminish flexibility, all four of which are counter productive to regaining youthful hormone production. Instead, ISOMETRIC CONTRACTION along with HIIT body weight exercise will conserve energy, enhance testosterone, and HGH production as well as enhance flexibility.

NOTE: I don't expect everyone to agree with me, BUT I KNOW THE RESULTS I HAVE ACHIEVED and I can tell you (as you will see), I have a waistline a 19 year old could envy not to mention the rest of the musculature. After all, the titles is 'Power Secrets From the Fountain of Youth'. You will see that it is appropriately titled.

---John Peterson

Share |

09-11-2017, 10:43 PM

John I agree with you. Now let me ask you something. Why doesn't the US Military agree with you on the second one? I never understood for the life of me why if long distance running is such a detriment to men being mean why do they believe in it so much? Again I'm with you I just don't get why they are so stupid but than again this is the Federal government we are talking about so I am not surprised.

Share |

Author

09-12-2017, 11:52 AM

Hello JLA_1962,

Prior to Dr. Kenneth Cooper and 'Aerobics' the US Armed Forces did not emphasize it.

Who knows what will happen in the future.

---John Peterson

Share |

09-12-2017, 12:09 PM

In my opinion the military is not just trying to build endurance, but primarily "Mental Toughness"

An athlete can afford to be strong due to large muscles but a soldier cannot. In wartime and even during exercises muscle rapidly melts away, thanks to malnutrition, sleep deprivation, and stress. A military man must gain strength by retraining his "nervous system"to contract his, even shrunken, muscles harder."

An athlete is trained under ideal conditions with adequate sleep, optimum nutrition, excellent equipment and so forth. He is being trained to compete in a controlled environment with standardized rules, fixed time limits, and monitored by referees watching every move.

The soldier on the other hand is being trained largely to compete in an uncontrolled and unpredictable environment. He cannot be sure of the tactics of the enemy and what rules they will be playing by if any. He has to be prepared to do without sleep and food for extended periods

More and more the world that we live in is becoming more uncontrolled and unpredictable so like the soldier we have to condition and prepare ourselves for the unknown.

Share |

09-13-2017, 03:23 PM

John, what do you consider "long duration" ? at what point do we pass the point of diminishing returns?

Share |

Author

09-13-2017, 03:49 PM

Hello Lion King,

The truth is I have known a few ultra marathoners that had beautiful lithe, lean, and well muscled physiques because in addition to running they were also consistent in their strength training. Some were also genetically gifted with far better than average physiques.

What I am really making reference to is runners that do no strength training, eat a high starch/carbohydrate diet and that is deficient in essential fats and proteins. Such men lose muscle mass gain fat and become estrogen dominant.

The time element can be as little as 30 minutes daily depending on the person. Some guys that estrogen dominant that want to transition to testosterone dominant need to stop all cardio for a time and focus exclusively on power belt Isometrics until they get their testosterone/estrogen ratios back in balance as is clearly evident in looking at the waistline of the men involved. A highly testosterone dominant man will have a lithe, lean sculpted waistline regardless of age. I'm 65 and my waistline measures 28" spot on. This only happens when a man eats right, exercises right and is testosterone dominant.

---John Peterson

Share |

09-13-2017, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy62 View Post
In my opinion the military is not just trying to build endurance, but primarily "Mental Toughness"

An athlete can afford to be strong due to large muscles but a soldier cannot. In wartime and even during exercises muscle rapidly melts away, thanks to malnutrition, sleep deprivation, and stress. A military man must gain strength by retraining his "nervous system"to contract his, even shrunken, muscles harder."

An athlete is trained under ideal conditions with adequate sleep, optimum nutrition, excellent equipment and so forth. He is being trained to compete in a controlled environment with standardized rules, fixed time limits, and monitored by referees watching every move.

The soldier on the other hand is being trained largely to compete in an uncontrolled and unpredictable environment. He cannot be sure of the tactics of the enemy and what rules they will be playing by if any. He has to be prepared to do without sleep and food for extended periods

More and more the world that we live in is becoming more uncontrolled and unpredictable so like the soldier we have to condition and prepare ourselves for the unknown.
I hear what you are saying. I have always believed if it was good enough to be done during the Second World War than it's good enough for today.

Share |