Share |
How Many Of You Do Diamond Push-Ups?

Author

09-27-2017, 04:30 PM

Hello Everyone,

I received the following from Doc Moore.

Quote:
You might take another look at diamond push-ups. Keep forefingers apart by an inch or two when forming the diamond. Keep hands under sternum. Keep elbows tight to the torso.
This protects the shoulder structure. They are invigorating...

Decline push ups too. They place an emphasis on the upper or clavicular pecs, which will helps create a more aesthetically pleasing shape for my chest muscles.

I like push up variations. Ensures that you do not overload any one particular movement pattern, which can result in overuse injuries.

Doing 150-200 a day. Strict/close grip etc.

---John Peterson

Share |

Legacy Member

09-27-2017, 05:11 PM

I JUST did some today on my knuckles! Lol!

Share |

Author

09-27-2017, 05:27 PM

Hello Ezekiel 1925,

That is something that I have never done. Never even tried it.

---John Peterson

Share |

Legacy Member

09-27-2017, 06:45 PM

Hey John, That's how I do all my pushups. on my knuckles..... Saves the wrists.. I haven't been using any platform for my hands. With the diamond, I just place the knuckles sise-by-side. I'm sure I'm not doing your volume, but it's a nice dhangeup, expecially since I'm not doing all the variations that you do.
Jim

Share |

09-27-2017, 08:23 PM

I love Diamond Push ups! I feel so strong after doing them. Actually believe it or not I can do more of those than I can regular ones. Weird I know

Share |

Author

09-28-2017, 07:18 AM

Hello JLA_1962,

THANK YOU!!!

I appreciate it when a forum member makes a statement that inadvertently validates what I have been stating for years and years.

Strength of muscle, tendon, and bone is one thing but to be truly exceptional at something requires ideal leverage.

Why am I saying this?

Because YOU obviously have perfect leverage for that particular exercise. It is absolutely true that 99 out of 100 men can do a far greater number of repetitions of the standard variation Push-Up than they can Diamond Push-Ups. But in your case, limb length, weight distribution, and innate strength have combined with perfect leverage to make you exceptional at that particular variation. BUT as you have also stated, the perfect leverage you have for diamonds is less than perfect for standard variations which simply means you have to work harder to accomplish the same number of reps that a man with perfect leverage would have to do.

Bottom line: Everything that I have been stating about leverage being just as real a factor as muscular strength itself is 100% spot on and YOU are living proof.

---John Peterson

Share |