Share |
Is Iran on the Eve of Revolution?

06-24-2009, 12:57 AM

MikeNY,

Wow, how did you find all of those articles? What fascinating and sad information. I had no idea of the extent of the Arab slave trade. The origins of probably all religions make interesting studies from many different angles. In Israel, in the public schools, they use the Bible as a history book. In the religious schools, it is used for more than that. I suppose that any religion would detest the idea that their holy book is of no more value to someone than as a history lesson. The origins of some religions are surely less noble than is taught today.

I remember an old man from my church who grew up in Utah. Boy, did he have things to say about the founder of Mormonism! And he had old out-of-print books to prove his claims. He would talk about how Joseph Smith had those visions, and he spoke of the henchmen of (I can't remember who) Joseph Smith or Brigham Young. The henchmen, called dark angels or something like that, basically would eliminate anyone opposed to the leader, and this was done at the leader's command, the leader being one of the men I mentioned, but I don't remember which one. The man I knew told many more stories, that I can't remember, which all put the origins of Mormonism in a very bad light. In one of A. Conan Doyle's novels (he wrote the Sherlock Holmes stories) written probably in the late 1800's, some Mormons were key characters and as I recall, the movement was spoken of in this novel in a very negative way. I used to work with a Mormon who was quite a upstanding person, very diligent, intelligent, moral, and pleasant, which I understand is the typical character of the Mormons. But they do have some unusual beliefs.

I had never read anything like that article on the acquisition and life of wifes and concubines (sex slaves) in the Arab world. The status of women was deplorable, being of use to men only to satisfy their carnal desires, and to act as maids and childbearers. And if one ruler was overthrown, the wifes/concubines were taken as booty by the conquerer, although some would try to escape. The saddest point in those articles is that the African slave trade was actually a form of genocide, with a staggering 17 million taken and castrated - completely appalling. But according to Islam, all the wives, concubines, booty, and slaves were completely legal - and still are, because their holy book is the same now as then. Mormons at least have changed their views about multiple wives and blacks being banned from leadership, which of course puts in question the rest of their views. If they are willing to change one thing, what does that say about everything else they believe? That is why religions can't change anything, because it puts the validity of everything else in question.

I had wanted to mention, as well, that the sex slave trade is alive and well, although all under wraps and hidden by the underworld. Occassionally articles come out about kidnapped Russian women who end up in brothels in NY, where they are captive and cannot escape because they don't know English and have no identity. Or the women end up there because they answered an ad in a magazine or newpaper for a job as a waitress in some foreign city. Or children are kidnapped from Mexico, never to be seen again, and they end up in the US somewhere, with no passports or identity, and since they have no citizenship and don't know the language they also are captive and without political protection. Children as young as 5, boys or girls, are trained on what to do, and used to earn money for their owner. What hope is there for such children, who then have no education and probably have gotten incurable diseases, too. When I first read an article about this a few years ago, I was in a state of shock and horror for several days afterwards. I couldn't imagine anyone doing anything as unconscionable and inhumane as taking another person captive for such a purpose. But now I realize there is nothing new under the sun.

Thanks for posting those links. They are real eye-openers.

"Aslan didn't tell Pole what would happen if she followed the signs. He simply told us what to do. This fellow might be the death of us if we loose him, but that doesn't let us off following Aslan's signs."
-Puddleglum, The Silver Chair, Book 4 in The Chronicles of Narnia, by C.S.Lewis

Last edited by April; 06-24-2009 at 01:01 AM.

Share |

Banned

06-24-2009, 09:23 AM

April the FBI estimated the number of sex slaves in the USA at around 1,000,000 and no one knows the true number. Police all over the USA free sex slaves on a regular basis, in raids on massage parlours etc. It is not just Russian or Mexican girls/women that are enslaved but local born and raised US females enslaved, sometimes right in the cities they come from. Girls all across the USA end up as slaves, some are sold into the Arab world. Trafficing is the term used for the slave trade. The Phillipines and Thailand are big on sex tours for pedophiles and also men wanting prostitutes. I heard things about the Phillipines such as you buy & marry one girl and get two or three of her sisters and cousins as a bonus from the family, saw on a TV News Special that a US reporter bought a 15 year old virgin in Manila for $500 US. Here in the USA Pimps wait at Bus Stations, Train Stations and Airports looking for American runaway girls, women addicted to drugs are bought and sold; women are sold to cover debts to criminals, people sell thier own children.

I lived in LA for one year and meet local Fundemental Mormons, and a local Mormon population, nice folks. The females in the fundemental Mormon harems are many times bisexual from what I heard. I knew some "Jack Mormons" they were Mormons that had fallen away from the faith, nice people though. I read a few books about the topic of the early Mormon Church.

I'd recoomend Slavery, Terrorism & Islam: The Historical Roots and Contemporary Threat by Peter Hammond about the Arab slave trade in Africa and you can read the reviews at Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Slavery-Terror...5855229&sr=1-1 ( I bought the book at http://www.frontlinefellowship.net/p...ge/4649923.htm for $10 plus $2.50 shipping it wasn't available at Amazon. There is a second book on the topic Islamic Jihad: A Legacy of Forced Conversion, Imperialism, and Slavery by M. A. Khan and again you can read the reviews http://www.amazon.com/Islamic-Jihad-...ref=pd_sim_b_2 Islam was taking slaves in Africa from maybe the year 800 and long before the Europeans bought the first slaves from Muslims in Africa and Islam continued the slave trade long after Europe banned it. Saudi Arabia had a legal slave trade into the 1950's and reportedly there remain slaves in Saudi Arabia. There are female workers in the Arab World from Developing Nations and reportedly these workers are more or less slaves and raped and abused at the will of thier Muslim Master.

Islam has gotten a free pass on it's abuses in the Slave Trade and history distorted to save face for islam, it ran the African Slave Trade, the Europeans bought the slaves from muslims at the Port cities in Africa. Plus more slaves were taken into the Arab world than came to the America's.Your right it was genocide by Islam on Africa.

PS I add the book "Slave: My True Story" by Mende Nazer about her capture in 1994 and escape in 2002. http://www.amazon.com/Slave-True-Sto...5858896&sr=8-1

Last edited by MikeNY; 06-24-2009 at 10:09 AM.

Share |

06-26-2009, 07:22 AM

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,...est=latestnews

Somali Islamists Cut Off Hands and Feet of 4 Thieves

"Aslan didn't tell Pole what would happen if she followed the signs. He simply told us what to do. This fellow might be the death of us if we loose him, but that doesn't let us off following Aslan's signs."

Share |

06-26-2009, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_OldStudent View Post
Hi Sister April,

My understanding is that the word "Allah" means "God" in Arabic. Arab Christians and Arab Jews use the word "Allah" to mean what we mean when we say "God" in English.

However, most serious Christian, Muslim, and Jewish scholars agree that all three religions worship the same god, which in Standard American English is "God" with a capital "G" to distinguish it from the more generic word "god." And I tend to use a capital H when referring to the Abrahamic God with a pronoun such as "He," "Him," and "His." To me, that's proper spelling in the Standard American English dialect, my first language.

Hi Alan and others,

I remembered reading a review on Amazon some time ago about the origins of the Muslim God, but I didn't remember any of the details. After some research on the subject, this is what I have found:

This article traces the origins of the name Allah, as being a later form of Al-ilah, the moon god.

http://www.bible.ca/islam/islam-moon-god.htm

to quote:
One Muslim apologist confessed that the idol of moon god Hubal was placed upon the roof of the Kaba about 400 years before Muhammad. This may in fact be the origin of why the crescent moon is on top of every minaret at the Kaba today and the central symbol of Islam atop of every mosque throughout the world:

and another quote:
The moon god was also referred to as "al-ilah". This is not a proper name of a single specific god, but a generic reference meaning "the god". Each local pagan Arab tribe would refer to their own local tribal pagan god as "al-ilah".
"al-ilah" was later shortened to Allah before Muhammad began promoting his new religion in 610 AD.

my note: Interestingly, in Hebrew, an alil is an idol, and alilim means "idols." (Some Hebrew and Arabic words are very similar.) A quick check in any Biblical dictionary I am sure would confirm this.

This book is not the one I read about before, but it seems to say the same thing:

http://www.amazon.com/Moon-O-Theism-...6028506&sr=1-4

Moon-O-Theism, by Yoel Natan

There are other books about this subject, but I don't have the time to find them right now. This is a start, anyway.

Because of the very different basic natures of the Judeo Christian religions and Islam, it seems reasonable to claim that they do NOT serve the same god. The behavior of followers of the two groups testifies to the incompatible nature of the gods they serve.

Share |

Legacy Member

06-26-2009, 12:19 PM

Hi Sister April,

I'm no expert on Islam. Islam is one of the three major monotheistic religions that come from the Abrahamic tradition.

There are Christians and Jews out there who feel anyone who does share their own narrow sectarian vision of God 100% is completely in error.

However, most serious theologians of all three Abrahamic religions think that all three religions worship the same deity. Of course, all three religions have different conceptions of God. Even amongst Christians, there are different opinions about the nature of God, as illustrated by some of the previous contributions to this thread. I've met Christians who think Catholics are not Christians.

You might find a book called
A History Of God by Karen Armstrong to be an interesting read. Ms. Armstrong traces the history of how people have conceived of God over the last 4000 years, and she is a highly regarded historian of religion. I believe she is a Christian, but I'm not sure. She certainly is a deep scholar whom I greatly respect.

You no doubt have heard the story of the blind Buddhist monks who are trying to describe the nature of an elephant. One feels the tail and says the elephant is long and narrow. Another feel the leg and says the elephant is thick and round. Another feels the ear and says the elephant is flat and leathery. Another feels the trunk and has yet another description.

Hello Brothers and Sisters,

Here is a very
moving story by an Iranian-British doctor who witnessed the shooting of the young woman Neda in a protest demonstration last week. His recounting captures the terror of the moment and the tragedy of the event.

Regards,

Alan OldStudent

Share |