Share |
Ultimate pushups advice

05-29-2013, 04:22 AM

Hi guys,
bought the New book the other day, Ultimate Pushups, fantastic.
As it is a monthly program, I plan on starting 1st of June (Friday or Saturday I think).

I wondered if any of the guys who had done the program before me have any advice they can pass on?
I would be interested to hear anybody's experience, especially if they have any insights they think may help.

I am pretty strong, but am still far too fat, has anyone lost flab with the program? Given the amount of work I would think so?

I am thinking of doing a few aerobic isometrics from IPR once or twice a week, is this a good idea?
Is a couple of sets of squats say twice a week a good idea also?

I've asked a lot of questions, sorry about that, but I would be grateful for any input on any of the above.

Regards,
Tony from South Wales

Share |

Banned

05-29-2013, 07:36 PM

Hey Tony,

I'm on my fourth week and I like it.You're doing differant reps everyday so it makes it fun for me.I have had to adapt it to my work schedule but it is definetly adaptable.

As far as advice I would say that don't try to do to many things.For one if you're anything like me your going to need to control your hunger.I would consider this more of strength and muscle building program.You definetly could lose weight with this but your diet will determine that.

The program is meant to be done by it self but you're your own trainer.If your Nerve Force can handle it than go for it.

Share |

05-30-2013, 02:45 AM

Thank you Michael,
I am often my own worst enemy training wise, I will take on board what you say.

Share |

06-01-2013, 12:38 AM

Don't stress if you miss workouts. I missed many and still made great progress. Keep your feet together and flex your legs and butt. Expect some soreness, but you'll be okay.

Share |

06-01-2013, 08:36 AM

Great insights. My suggestion would be to not go too fast and make sure you are breathing deeply during your sets. Also since this is your first go around I would do only pushups for at least the first 4 weeks. The volume may not look intimidating but you need to allow the body to recover and adapt to the workload. Don't feel like you are wimping out by doing only the pushups as they are a fantastic workoit in there own right. Enjoy your progress as you will make great strides!

Tom

Share |

06-01-2013, 03:51 PM

You have got some great advice here and you will have results with just pushups. Not just results but great results.

Aaron

Share |

06-05-2013, 04:25 PM

Hi Guys,
day 5 and am loving the program. I appreciate all your advice, it is clearly sound.
Many thanks,
Tony

Share |