Share |
The "Natural Strong Man" Phenomena

Author

07-29-2019, 02:18 PM

Hello Everyone,

As I was rereading Alan Calvert's "Confidential Information on Lifting and Lifters" I was amazed at what had happened in his life and the level of integrity that Mr. Calvert had to literally turn his back on something he had helped to create and establish. Calvert's reality check came after meeting Edwin Checkley and Alois P Swoboda. Both men were capable of making a living as 'strongmen' on the vaudeville circuit but both men were too honest to promote 'tricks' and to take advantage of the gullible public. In fact, both men had pointed out to him repeatedly the fraud and fakery that was so clearly evident and perpetuated by those in the professional strongman lifting fraternity. Chief among them was Eugene Sandow who used fake weights and had all kinds of tricks to create the strongman illusion. The one's (true strength) that could not be faked were of the Mighty Atom and Alexander Zass variety that were not just support lifts or featuring a unique configuration of weight being placed so that the weights literally offset each other. Calvert realized what "real' strong men did and that is wasn't dependent strictly on having unusual leverage or in performing trick lifts of which he believed Olympic Style Lifting to be the ultimate 'Cheat' in that it was a matter speed and leverage and specialized technique rather than sheer strength. For example, if you were to have talked with Alan Calvert he would have believed that power lifters were actually much stronger in terms of being able handle 'dead weight' than what an Olympic Style lifter was capable of because technique and speed are more important for success in Olympic Style lifting than is the case with sheer power lifts such as the squat, dead lift and bench press.

What Calvert had discovered is that the "Natural Strong Man" of whom Checkley and Swoboda were both perfect examples maintained extraordinary strength and muscle control without taking long, laborious workouts and in fact went to gymnasiums on rare occasions only for the purpose of testing themselves rather than training. Calvert even made mention of how Maxick was exposed to be somewhat of a fraud by the way he 'weighed' his weights before a performance. When Calvert explained the mechanism used Maxick was in a state of shock that he had been found out.

Here's the point. Calvert was very clear that there are in fact certain methods of breathing, moving and maintaining one's posture that will exercise one's muscles in the most natural way possible and thereby maintain a level of almost supernatural strength without the need for extreme workouts.

After delivering the "Living Strength Power Secrets From The Fountain of Youth" Courses One and Two I will then address the topic of Super Natural Strength and Fitness and teach how it is achieved and then maintained for life. Stay Tuned....

---John Peterson

Share |

Legacy Member

08-01-2019, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Peterson View Post

After delivering the "Living Strength Power Secrets From The Fountain of Youth" Courses One and Two I will then address the topic of Super Natural Strength and Fitness and teach how it is achieved and then maintained for life. Stay Tuned....

---John Peterson
Hey John,
I was wondering about this statement... is your plan to release a three different books?

Share |

Author

08-01-2019, 05:04 PM

Hello gbjj,

The PowerSecrets Nutrition Book is with the designers. My part is finished. I am now working at completing Book II of Living Strength: Power Secrets From the Fountain of Youth featuring the "Living Strength Isometric Power Belt Training System".

Even though this book has taken literally 5 x longer than I had anticipated it has been worth it to me because it has allowed me to re-address certain issues for which I did not have the answer to previously...but now do.

The third book is the book that EVERY person should have from the very beginning because it gives a guideline for creating a foundation of lifelong strength and fitness that is unlike any book that currently exists. Its title is, "Super Natural Strength: How to Achieve it...How to Keep it...Naturally.

This book draws extensively from Alan Calvert, Edwin Checkley, Lawrence E Morehouse, Charles Atlas, Bernarr MacFadden, Fredrich Tilney, S, Arthur Devan, Alois P Swoboda and other greats from Physical Culture History. Its purpose is to clearly set forth the guidelines to make a person strong and keep them strong throughout their entire life. Believe me, this is something everyone should be taught as the foundation for lifelong strength and fitness and yet there are very, very few people that have ever had this information.

---John Peterson

Share |

Legacy Member

08-01-2019, 07:51 PM

Great News! Sounds like things are really coming to fruition for you. looking forward to these!

Share |