Share |
Another Nightime Rooftop Poem from Somewhere in Iran

Legacy Member

07-08-2009, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy62 View Post
I can get the pictures now,but I still can't get the sound.
Hi Brother Gordon,

I'm not sure why you're not getting the sound. You might try clicking on the two links below to take you directly to the YouTube videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fl9Fv...layer_embedded

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMX1X...layer_embedded

Regards,

Alan OldStudent

Share |

07-08-2009, 08:07 PM

Alan, it is working now-thanks Gordon

Share |

07-08-2009, 09:13 PM

Changes have caused the ecomonic and ultimately the political equillibrium of the world to be upset. Whenever an equllibrium is disturbed power voids develop and wherever power voids appear power struggles result and we can see it happening not only in Iran,but all over the world.

The secret of control of the masses is control of information. Edward Bernays, the father of public relations, served in Europe during World War 1. He was watching a parade at the end of the war to honor French General Foch. There was a huge crowd present and it occurred to him that nobody there would even know who General Foch was if they hadn't heard or read about him in the media. With that realization he came back to the US, founded a public relations firm,and business and politics have never been the same since

Intelligence is used by every nation and even friendly nations spy on each other. What is seen in the media is rarely correct and information gets distorted both intentionally and unintentionally as it moves through various channels. All Governments realize the power and importance of information control and try to influence the media to the greatest extent they can. Nobody exists in a void and all Governements and all media have vested interests that will try to influence them.

In the west and certainly in the US media is driven by sensationalism to attract viewers which inturn attract advertising dollars. The masses to a large extend are driven by their emotions. Just look a the recent frenzy over Michael Jackson's death.

Donald Trump says that New York Real Estate developers are the smartest and most ruthless men in the world,but I think they pale in comparison to many politicians in the world as well as many Intelligence Officers. It can be a very tough and ruthless world.

Share |

Banned

07-08-2009, 10:26 PM

After watching the Media Circus about the death of Michael Jackson I'm struck that the Media are toughless and determined partizans with an agenda. Ten days of continous coverage wasn't over the top for an entertainer with a jaded history but an assualt on the people. Remained me of Dr Gobbels at work. When the death of an entertainer over shadows the President at a summit and negotiating with Russia, something is seriously wrong.

Share |