Share |
Perfect Pullup

Legacy Member

11-10-2008, 11:44 AM

Anyone have one of these Perfect Pullup devices?

The handles seem pretty cool, but at $100, they seems a little pricey. You might be able to accomplish the same thing with a couple of towels wrapped around a pull-up bar. I'd like to hear some thoughts from anyone who actaully has a pair.

-Joe

Share |

11-10-2008, 12:15 PM

JoeJustice;

My thought is the same as yours - at $100 it just doesn't seem worth it. A few cables here and some handles there and you have the same set up.

Jack

Share |

11-10-2008, 12:19 PM

I know walmart sells them, I have heard mixed reviews about them. I know before our forum got overhauled, some of the members recommended this pull bar sold on amazon for around $45

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...X0DER&v=glance

its called the creative fitness door gym, and has gotten some great ratings on amazon.

Share |

Author

11-10-2008, 01:06 PM

hey Guys,

I see one great benefit to the 'Perfect Pull-Up' and that is that it may help get men motivated to start performing "Pull-Ups" who otherwise would not. Seriously, Pull-Ups/Chin-Ups/ and all variations of Push-Ups/Dips are master Power Calisthenics that can and will go far in creating master level fitness.

---John Peterson

Share |

Legacy Member

11-10-2008, 01:25 PM

I have a Perfect Pullup, as well (along with two other pullup stations) and I like it. I got it because it allows you to drop the bar down, and do a rowing style pull, and the handles allow for unique positions. It is well made, easy to install and use.

Share |

11-10-2008, 03:49 PM

That puts me in a dilemma, buy the perfect pull or buy John's ISO kit..

Share |

11-10-2008, 04:18 PM

A homemade "Perfect Pullup"
Mount a couple of screw eyes into the header board of a doorway & attach 2 adjustable length handles. This setup will allow you to perform perfect pullups, perfect pushups, & many Isometrics/isotonic( see ringtraining.com). Make handles that also allow you to "grab 'em" with your feet

If you insist on the real Perfect Pullup, I've seen 'em at Walmart for $77; the optional Ab Slings are $20 but again you can easily make your own

I believe my setup is superior because my handles can adjust all the way to the ground; think Ab Rollouts

As a bonus, you can also attach a wide belt like JP's to the screw eyes & invert yourself while suspended from your hips

Share |

Legacy Member

11-11-2008, 03:18 PM

I had wondered about these too.Thanks for asking the question Joe!

peace,
jason

Share |

Legacy Member

01-16-2009, 09:43 AM

I'm doing some research into doorway type pull up apparatus.

I asked for an "Iron Gym" pull-up gizmo for Christmas. And, when WalMart had them cheaper than Dunham's, my wife bought it for me.

At a glance, it seems to be a descent piece of hardware. However, we were both a bit concerned at how the doorway frame sounded when I put some weight onto the bar. The bottom line is that I took it back, and am now looking for something else.

The reason I mention this is because the link above is to a VERY similar looking piece of equipment to the "Iron Gym".

Rob

Share |

Legacy Member

01-16-2009, 09:49 AM

I have a pull up bar that uses the cantilever desing of the Iron Gym and have loved it because I can get it out of the way quickly as soon as I'm done. The door frame does "creak", but nothing has ever happened.

Regarding the perfect pull-up, for the money, I would prefer to get a suspension trainer like the TRX which is a little bit more money but offers much more variety than the perfect pullup.

Share |