Share |
Time to pushup blitz with a twist

03-13-2019, 07:42 AM

As I come off the Tiger Moves journey for a little while..I got a craving for some pushup actions and squats using minimal sets and as many reps as possible..

My theory is to do 2 to 3 sets per movement, im aiming at 3
I picked out what I personally consider for me to be essential variations and the ones that have given me supierior results through out the years

The aim is to achieve in minimal time what one would spend all day doing mindlessly and aimlessly...

I believe I have constructed a formulation of arrangment to achieve volume, intensity, max natrual muscle formation, stave off boredem..in minimal time while staying under 600 reps...but still gettimg the same results as if I were doing a 1000 or more...

I believe that after 5 to 600 reps of high volume is the point of diminishing returns...using varying hand positions of course along with partials and full range...steady work rate of minimal rest through out just long enough to let the lactic acid subside..the whole spectrum of muscle strength and endurance factors will be activated

Dare I say flexability will be enhanced due to various hand placement and shoulder articulation points your not just doing hundreds of reps in one or two locked positions but your using full spectrum of varying movement planes same with the squats.

I feel good about it cause its hitting all my requirements for my personal excercise philosophy.

Minimal time
Intensity
Muscle development
All fitness factors enhanced
Similar results one would get from a longer and more complex workout

Im believing more and more the more condensed and effort put into the workout it takes minimal time for your best results

So anyway heres the workout and arrangement designed to keep the total volume and time down and kinda how ive been doing my pushup programs and variations I feel are essential...and once again its synergistic to keep the volume and time down.

Standard marine style pushup x3
Wide grip push ups x3
Close grip x3
Slant pushups or hands by hips x3
Diamonds x3
Pikes or shoulder press pushups x3
Bench dips and close grip bench dips mixed up x3
Extended arms or gullitione style push ups x3
Bicep pushups with hands turned out or backward

Atlas squatsx3
Sissy squatsx3
Lungesx3
Side ninja lunges x3

And Im still trimming the essentials I see a few more I may cut but still feelimg them out

To enhance this routine I do something I call intensity modifiers if I want to increase challenge..

They are doing any variation from a incline
Taking away a leg or points of contact
Instep pushup
Slower full range reps
Fist and fingers
And then yet combining any of those with the inclines

I dont count reps I use the charles atlas method of till tired or ache..not failure

I only rest long enough to catch breath and let lactic acid reside

I do all speeds and range of motions within the three working sets..

I stress its not a routine to go to failure or extreme exhaustion..

Its meant to pump up and activate with a eventual well formed and balanced physique..as woody strode said he developed a look...

To me once you develop the look unique to your body type its just routine upkeep

The beauty is the first few variations go quick and towards the end you feel the gravity of situation...but thats how you keep the time down if your not into long workouts...but want a wonderful pump..

And the advanced version of this as I have done in the past

Is add pullups for 2 sets minium
Standard
Close
Wide
....as a note I perform arch back pullups its cool because its a combo of a row and a vertical pull its actually the only way I do pullups for width and thickness and its autonomously ingrained.

So yea this is what Ive settled on perpetually for my pushup routine..tried and tested over the years..

Share |

03-13-2019, 12:06 PM

Superbeast, This has much in common to my go to routine. I superset pushups,squats, pullups, and calf raises. If I am doing high volume, I do it every other day or 4 days a week at most. With moderate volume , I do it every day, It works great for me, I need no separate cardio workout. Those exercises do it all. My question for you my brother, is what diet keeps you so lean. I have made great strides in the last few years, and I am lean by most standards , but not like you. I am curious about your diet. Thanks in advance my friend.

Share |

03-13-2019, 05:39 PM

Hello Michael these combinations do it all. Im natrually lean and my body just doesnt take on fat. No matter how lazy I get...my body has not changed its look since I was like early 20s.

Im 35 now and look virtually the same in dimensions and look, I believe in being a minimalist eater..I try to eat only things of substance...Im believer in taking in what offers the most life sustaining nutrition profiles in the least amount of volume.

I eat only at one main time a day, 6 Eggs, various canned food combos:
Red, black, garbonzo beans
Canned chicken breast
Canned salmon/or a fish
Mussels frozen sometime or canned
3 packs of instant oatmel
I drink soy and cow milk fairly regulary
I make herbal tea combos using actual herbs like rose, green jasmine, ginseng, white and some others
Mixed using natrual or raw honey

I look at dogs they have all there meal requirements formulated in a can..they wolf it down and be on there way..and remain active and fit till there end days..I look at the beast in the animal kingdom they wolf and go.
Hmm I say

So I buy all my can goods at the dollar store and combine all the beans and meats in a mix and go..Im getting calories protein fiber and essential vitamins and minerals

I also make a supersoildier serum shake
I buy the carnation breakfast powders because they list all the vitamin and mineral profile i mix in creatine and milk and I feel it fills in the in betweens.

I believe if you largely avoid sugars, white bread, sodas, greasy foods, and junk you dont take on superflous flesh.

But I think a secert to perpetual leaness is keeping the muscles in play at odd moments or when think of it i find my self Tiger flexing autonomously while anywhere just some quick power surges while going about my day.

I have taken cues from herschel walker, dr nun amen ra, animals, jack lalanne and various people who eat minimally and sat down and looked at foods I can combine that contain all the essentials. And can be prepared in minimal time and consumed

Also leaness and body composition is a result of mental imagery and lifestyle changes and rituals...A book I like is called TAMING THE DIET DRAGON..it goes into the physcology of perpetual fat loss and body comp changes

So yea I dont believe in societal constructs of three meals aday, counting calories and weighing food..Im a big believer in instinct in all I do...And the biofeed back internally and externally

Another secert for natrual weight and energy management is matcha green tea powder hot or cold with honey.

And to fininsh off if Im out and get hungry Ill get a burger or fries..but I get a small or medium and its only rarely sometimes I indulge in fast food but not consisently...my main and staple diet is as listed above.

Share |

03-13-2019, 05:48 PM

Oh to paint the full pitcure I forgot to mention I drain and or rinse the canned goods will greatly reduce the amount of sodium and excess volume..I use a collander or strainer as I mix it up...please excuse my ocd..but If you ask me a question I must point out the details and trivial matters.

Share |

03-13-2019, 07:52 PM

Superbeast, Another great post. I have decreased my volume of reps somewhat myself. I assume that you are much like me, as I like the idea of training every day whenever possible and the reduced reps make that possible for me.

Share |

03-13-2019, 11:44 PM

Yes Michael that is it exactly...I added variations that are tougher to cut the volume and make it possible to train evvery day without having to conquer a daunting number of reps..

Share |