Share |
Criticism, Selfish Pride and Judgment

Author

04-22-2010, 01:08 PM

Hey Joe,

I agree with everything that you are saying. The Word of God tells us to be discerning. And there is nothing wrong with us Christians, as men and women of God calling certain reprobate behaviors by what they truly are. Jesus actually stated the following in Matthew 10:16 "Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves. Therefore be wise as serpents and harmless as doves."

The people that practice slander and verbal abuse of others are reprobates, miscreants, and for the most part troglodytes that are incapable of close personal relationships with anyone. Hence these insane types of people go on the internet to project their own inner hatred, demons, and venom out toward positive and creative people that are doing good and making a positive difference in the lives of others. In a sense it is almost a compliment when these insane types of people have singled you out for abuse because they are projecting their own self hatred toward you for being able to do and be what they are completely incapable of. Hence you never see the miscreants do anything to elevate other people unless through false praise they feel they can then manipulate them. As a result, the only thing you will see them actively engaged in day in and day out is slander and gossip. These behaviors are reprehensible and those who practice them are reprobates. That is not a judgment THAT IS A VALID OBSERVATION

No where does God say that we have to put up with their abuse or be a party to their insanity in any way, shape, or form. There is nothing the least bit hypocritical about pointing out bizarre and weird behavior for what it is. And furthermore, there is absolutely nothing wrong with separating one's self from lunacy, idiocy, demonic obsession and pointing out that type of behavior for what it is. For example, If a person is foolish enough to play with a rattlesnake they will get bitten. If a fool plays with fire long enough he will get burned. And so it goes that if someone is a party to insanity, slander, and gossip long enough and does not take steps to actively separate themselves from it they too will become insane slanderers and gossips themselves.

Bottom line: discernment and recognizing something for what it is, is not the same as passing judgment. That is what the slanderers, miscreants, reprobates and troglodytes do. Their whole lives are spent in negative judgment of other people because that is exactly what slander and gossip is. It is passing judgment on other people out of sheer jealousy for the fact that they are achievers while the reprobates themselves are not and so they intentionally engage themselves in the attempted character assassination of that person that is an achiever. Is it wrong to point out such reprehensible behavior for what it is? Of course not. It's just stating a fact, like calling water that falls from clouds 'rain'.

In fact Gordon knocked it out of the Ball Park with his post: "People that are hard on others and overly critical of others can't help,but apply the same judgment to themselves. In psychology is is called "projection" and it is just another way of expressing "judge not that you be not judged." The miserable lives that they have created through their own psychology is constantly feeding back on them - they have created their own Hell." I could not agree more. Truer words have never been written. So when I say that I pity those types of weird-O's, I'm not trying to be a 'nice guy'. I'm shooting straight because those insane people are literally their own worst enemies. They literally hate themselves for being the failures that they are.

Finally, I'd like to share with you a statement Gordon made on his forum about "Wile E Coyote" behavior. He stated, "No matter how difficult it is, no matter how long it takes, they will persevere until they find the way to fulfill their destiny and LOSE." To which I say "Amen."

---John Peterson

Last edited by John Peterson; 04-22-2010 at 01:14 PM.

Share |

Banned

04-22-2010, 01:25 PM

Gordon has wisdom, he knows; for it says to "strike the unbeliever with a staff or iron" and the staff of iron is the 4 foot red oak fighting staff, soaked in olive oil for years until it is almost plastic and unbreakable. It is the handle for the Rhompia, Poleaxe, Fighting Hammer with a spike; could even be used alone as a fighting staff or with a steel collar to strike like the Hammer of God; it was dreaded by even the Roman Legions.

Turning the cheek has another meaning in Greek and Aramaic, you strike an inferior with the back of the hand, and strike with an open plam for an equal, Jesus is making a radical statement, "I am your equal". We are the Warrior's of Christ to stand for the weak and for Justice. But we must always temper that with the Love and Mercy of the Lord.

Share |

Legacy Member

04-22-2010, 01:46 PM

Hi John,

I see the point of what you are trying to say. I agree with the intent, but disagree with the context. Being Born Again, you have those gut check moments from the Holy Spirit. Like you, I question the things I've done, the things I've said, and the things I've thought. I wouldn't be the person I am, nor would you be the person you are if we didn't do that.

But, the Word also says we must be be wary as a serpent and harmless as a dove. Sometimes we forget that first part. Over two years ago when this whole situation was beginning to ferment with the two gentlemen who have spearheaded these attacks, I stumbled on a website where they were discussing you and Bronze Bow.

One of the sunshine crew of sycophants who hang around these two guys in internet backrooms made a comment about how passive/aggressive we are. He said that we would come on angry and strong, and then there would be a rush to fall on our swords because of it. That has stuck with me.

These kind of people don't have those gut check moments. They have entirely seared their conscious to the point they believe in the total rightness of what they do and say, and they could care less about anyone else. Our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, called a spade a spade. He called the Pharisees hypocrits, dried up tombs, and worse. He even said that Satan was their father.

I have no problem telling the truth about these men. As Joe has said, we don't seek them out. They come here. I think their behavior is pathetic and sociopathic. At best it is juvenile and full of the bathroom humor and bullying you see in middle school. One day, they will pay the piper for it. As I've told both ringleaders, this hatred will eventually eat them from the inside out.

I also have no problem telling the truth about the quislings and yes men they have surrounded themselves with. That first time, and let me add one of the few times, I have ever read one of their forum discussions, it was disgusting to read the sycophantic whines. This so-called "free thinkers," who do everything that they are manipulated to do are so afraid of incurring the ire and sarcasm of their leader. I am also disgusted by the lack of courage by those who chose to straddle the fence and then lie in the muck with them. They are cowards who are afraid of being belittled on the internet. Oooh, how awful and frightening; for them that is.

Well guess what? I've had my name drug through the mud. I've been belittled. I've had my family insulted. I've been made fun of. I have even been threatened. BUT, I AM STILL HERE. Gosh darn it, where are my wounds? Why hasn't any of this stuff affected me? Could it be that these people are meaningless in the scheme of things? Could it be I just laugh and move on? Remember the deaf guy who was cursing me in sign language? The bottom line is, I am still supporting John Peterson and as long as he'll have me around, I always will.

So John, this time I'll disagree. We need to bring the truth out for people to see.

Greg

Share |

04-22-2010, 01:54 PM

With that push up video they really attacked me. As I listened to their rants and ravings I just kept getting stronger and stronger. These guys are less than nothing and they are just making all of us stronger and building our resolve. I have met some real losers,but never anyone as weak and stupid as the two leaders of this group. They are a joke and nothing more!

Share |

Legacy Member

04-22-2010, 01:57 PM

Hey John,

We must have posted at the same time. I see your reply to Joe and you clarified you point.

Thank you,

Greg

Share |

04-22-2010, 04:44 PM

Hello John,

This is my initial post. I have been following this board for a couple months now. I have garned very valuable exercise information from the forum. I've recently purchased a couple of your books and have started the journey to regain my health. I actually avoid posting on message boards because I usually find them somewhat combative, and for the most part dont want to be a part of that behavior.
However I read your intitial post in this thread and I found it wonderfully refreshing. It was one of the purest, honest and heartfelt posts that I have ever read. I admire you for having the courage to post it. I can only speak for myself, but it is so easy to be judgemental. I find it a constant battle in my life, not to behave in the manner you described ( and I'm not always successful). Anyway I felt that I wanted to applaud you, and let you know (even though we havent met) I have a new found appreciation of your work.
I will stop blathering on now. Have a blessed day and thanks for improving mine.

Your friend,
Charlie

Share |

Author

04-22-2010, 06:22 PM

Hey Charlie,

It's great to have you with us. We have some great people on this forum and it's getting better all the time and obviously you are proof of that. I look forward to reading your posts in the future Charlie. Welcome to our forum.

---John Peterson

Share |

Author

04-22-2010, 08:56 PM

We have all been through this. There is a lesson to be learned. First I was befriended. Then I was lied to. Then, ironically, I was labeled a "liar", and that what I have said is or was impossible. And I tell you, I have not lied. I have had good results, and so have many others.

But what good would that do? Oftentimes, when one tells a lie often enough, people unfortunately begin to believe it. Even when the truth is completely contrary. Now i just shrug it off---I cannot take any of this stuff seriously. My convictions are too deep, my foundations too strong; I know the truth.

I put too much time in on my own marketing my method for more than a quarter of a century, and nothing is gonna stop me now, or any of us, or this user-friendly alternative to weight training. And why should it? People have the right to make a choice, for any alternative they want to choose. Why do we have a two-party system? Because not everyone can agree on one party and one way of looking at things. It used to bother me, but now I look at all the bad-mouthing and slander as so much buffoonery. It's better than losing sleep over it.

Greg Mangan

Last edited by VRT Man; 04-23-2010 at 08:27 AM.

Share |

04-23-2010, 03:33 AM

the thing is, when we judge or criticize, we limit our own spiritual growth. The person we cast aspersions on isnt affected - we are. This doesnt mean that we dont draw healthy boundaries, quite the opposite. It is only from a mindset as free as possible from our own biases that we can begin to determine what a truly healthy boundary is.

I am not a theologian, but I was told once that the original root of the word sin was best translated as "missing the mark", like an archer missing the target. If that is true, then we must be very careful about judgment. I notice that in my own life, I tend to think that my sins are not as bad as others. Its the "I may not be perfect but at least I dont do THAT". Thing is, missing the mark is missing the mark, and it isnt up to me to decide which miss is worse - the fact is, I missed.

We have to be careful about judging ourselves too. It is very easy to indulge in the dubious luxury of self pity or guilt when we have done wrong. It is much harder to admit our role, make amends, ask forgiveness and guidance from our higher power (however we as individuals define it) and take steps to not repeat the same mistake. Because it takes work to address the issue, it doesnt take work to sink into the selfishness of self pity and guilt. If you are focused on them, you are not focused on your fellow human beings or on god.

Just my perspective here

Last edited by shamus23; 04-23-2010 at 03:37 AM.

Share |

Author

04-23-2010, 07:53 AM

Hey Shamus23,

Those are some excellent insights. We all need to be discerning in order to separate ourselves from those that would be a bad influence on us but we also need to be forgiving. This is why we need to turn to The Lord for His guidance. It's the only way for us to get the guidance that we need.

---John Peterson

Share |