Share |
Criticism, Selfish Pride and Judgment

04-23-2010, 12:14 PM

John, I love that passage in Romans - it screams to me, "Instead of judging, repent!" We are all plank-eyes.

In regards to the rest of these fine comments, I can't help but notice the way Jesus treated different people in the scriptures. If a person was in need of mercy, he received that and more. If a person was acting under false pretense (like the Pharisees trying to trip Jesus up), watch out! Jesus wasn't afraid to tell it like it is.

Share |

04-23-2010, 02:25 PM

John,

This is a great thread with great comments from everybody.

I find it a daily, moment-by-moment process to watch the words that come from my mouth (and keyboard). If I feel something negative coming out, I try to stop myself. Easier said than done, but possible with conscious practice. It's easier when feeling relaxed, and diet and exercise help a lot with this. If I'm rushed or stressed or eating bad food, it's much harder.

I've heard ti said that words are man's greatest tools, ablet o create or destroy anything.

Share |

04-25-2010, 06:01 PM

Man this post is great and so confronting, we always need to be checking our thinking sometimes moment to moment.

Three great truths,

Don't critisize!
Don't complain!
Don't condemn!

Share |