Share |
Why We Don't LifT Weights... Part One

Author

09-15-2010, 11:07 AM

Hey Friends,

I received an e-mail from a young friend whose friends have been awed by his Transformation. However, these young kids that don't know the first thing about body mechanics are trying to tell him that he will get better results if he lifts weights. His question to me is...John, how do I answer them? What can I say because I know the results that I have achieved and that they have already seen from your methods. I know I can point out the other guys on the forum and what they have accomplished. But do you have an argument that I can use when they try to talk about weights?

Alright friends I'll bet a lot of you guys go through this same kind of resistance to what we teach. Bottom line: NONE OF YOU NEEDS TO DEFEND YOURSELF. YOU CANNOT REASON WITH A MORON OR A WILEY COYOTE and you are wasting time if you try. They are not worth the energy or the thought required to answer them. BUT JUST FOR YOUR PERSONAL KNOWLEDGE LET ME SHARE MY ANSWER THAT COMES STRAIGHT FROM ONE OF MY NEW BOOKS THAT I AM DOING WITH ROD FISHER. THE DYNAMICS OF LIVING STRENGTH where I discuss this issue straight up. So read carefully. This is for my forum members. You already know that you are training right. Here is why.

THE DYNAMICS OF LIVING STRENGTH

"If you want to build a beautiful, lithe, perfectly sculpted physique that is ideally matched to your natural bone structure and strong from all angles and all directions, this is exactly what my Transformetrics Training System teaches you to do. It will bring you a superior strength-to-body-weight ratio with built-in flexibility, agility, and endurance as well as a body that also allows you to enjoy your life to the maximum in pain-free enjoyment, because you will learn to master your own body weight. It brings you maximum strength and fitness Tarzan style, and by that I mean you became the master of your own destiny.

Understand this fact from the get-go: The Transformetrics Training System does not require that you go to a gym, lift weights, or purchase any type of equipment. (Granted, in some of my books I highly recommend pull-ups and chin-ups for men who want to take it to the limit of manly strength and development, but even then special equipment is not required if you have a convenient tree branch and are willing to train Tarzan style.) Which brings me to a major point about the Transformetrics System: If you want real-world strength and fitness that you can use in every facet of your life, forget lifting weights. On the other hand, if all you care about is creating huge, massive, bloated muscles without regard to how they function, or what the consequences may be in acquiring them in terms of pain, discomfort, and long term injury in the future, then lifting heavy weights can certainly accomplish all that for you and more.

After spending more than 40 years as an athlete, martial arts instructor, fitness coach, author, and now as a Doctor of Naturopathy specializing in anti-aging and life extension, I cannot escape the glaring contradiction of what is so-called weight training—it’s this, you’re not really training anything! What you are actually doing is teaching your muscles to tense up against amplified gravity (weight) that is pulling straight down, while you are forcing your muscles to move it in unnatural planes of movement that cause you to tear fibers and overstress joints, tendons, and ligaments. In the process, it also creates bloated, hypertrophied muscles. Not exactly a wise or smart thing to do if you want to remain strong, flexible, athletic, and pain-free for life.

Think about it. The new muscle mass created by lifting weights is not only nonfunctional, it is dysfunctional. Why? Because it has become disconnected with the central nervous system’s control of a muscle’s primary purpose, which is to move your body as efficiently as possible. Instead of creating coordinated strength by moving your own body through natural planes of movement, it creates disproportionate strength, tension, and size imbalances, unnatural patterns of movement not related to the body itself, malpositioned joints, and sets you up for long-term painful injuries to the joints, connective tissues, and the spinal discs. This is particularly damaging to the spinal discs of the lower lumbar region. Bottom line: It is certainly not the best way to build functional, pain-free strength that you can use every day.

So what exactly is functional strength and fitness? Functional strength is what enables you to run miles, swim miles, bike miles, play basketball, handball, tennis, or even walk up four flights of stairs with two full bags of groceries in one arm and a baby in the other without the slightest fear of dropping either one. It allows you to spend the entire day doing yard work and then play rough and tumble with your kids at night and still be able to jump out of bed in the morning without pain or stiffness and feel ready to take on the day. Then as you get older, it is functional strength that has been developed in combination with flexibility, balance, coordination, endurance, speed, and aesthetics (exactly as we teach) that will allow you maintain a world class love life with your wife as you remain mobile, independent, self-confident and self-assured until the day comes when you arrive at the pearly gates to greet Saint Peter.

What’s more, your body was not designed for the mechanics of weightlifting patterns and movements. If this were not the case, I would not have been contacted by hundreds of injured men for the past seven years who have read my books and have sought relief from their agonizing pain and debilitating injuries that include torn rotator cuffs (the result of heavy bench pressing), agonizing lower back pain caused by a compressed lower spine (due to heavy squatting), or stiffness and pain wherever they have a joint, such as bad elbows, bad wrists, bad hips, and bad knees. Not only that, but widespread scientific research shows that blood pressure can spike as high as 370/360 during a heavy lift (a good normal blood pressure is 120/80). Aside from causing frequent joint, muscle, ligament, and tendon overuse injuries, weightlifting can also lead to chronically high blood pressure, aneurysms, strokes, and even a fatal arterial disease known as dissection.

You see, the Creator designed your body to build and maintain its muscle structure in direct response to the demands of your own bodyweight. Exercising this natural function and mastering your own body weight from multiple angles and directions (exactly as we teach in Transformetrics) is also the best and most effective way to strengthen and protect your joints, ligaments, and tendons from all angles and all directions.

In fact, before the modern fads of aerobics, cardio, weightlifting, selecterized weight machines, taking steroids, and the like created the highly commercialized modern gyms of today, getting in shape meant one of two things. First, it meant going to the gym to learn how to box, wrestle, perform push-ups, chin-ups, run on an indoor track, or swim in the swimming pool and then take a sauna or steam afterward followed by an ice cold shower. Or, it meant writing to Charles Atlas and learning how to use your own body’s muscular system to create a beautifully sculpted, perfectly proportioned physique with a built-in strength-to-body-weight ratio that was off the charts. In either case, it meant relying on the tried and proven push-up and other muscle-building power calisthenics that allowed you to master your own body weight from multiple angles and directions in order to achieve astounding and incredible results.

The word calisthenics comes from two Greek words, kallos for “beauty” and thenos for “strength.” Properly performed, the right power calisthenics that I teach can create an exceptional level of health, strength, fitness, and physique that is extraordinary. Practiced over time, they make it easier to perform routine physical tasks, and they improve bone density, metabolism, and immune function. They are also the core strength-training method used by U.S. Army Rangers, Army Green Berets, and Marines."

PLEASE GO TO PART TWO

---John Peterson

Last edited by John Peterson; 09-15-2010 at 11:29 AM.

Share |

Author

09-15-2010, 11:28 AM

Here is the rest of it...

"Better still, you can do these same power calisthenics that I teach whether you are on the road, in the office, or at home. They literally represent the perfect “anytime, anywhere” ultimate strength and fitness system. They require no special or expensive equipment of any kind, and with just a few simple, easy-to-learn exercises you’ll be off to the races. You can exercise multiple muscle groups synergistically and achieve astonishing results in functional muscle strength and body sculpting.

Key point: As with any exercise program, start slowly. In just a few short weeks you will begin to see and feel extraordinary results if you remain consistent and stay with the program exactly as written. Not only will you be building a fine physique but your stamina and endurance will be off the charts in the very near future as is easily evidenced by what you will be able to do.

The Top 12 Dynamic Benefits of the Transformetrics Fitness System

1. Lowered resting blood pressure and heart rate.
2. Enhanced production and release of HGH and testosterone.
3. Dramatic decrease in body fat.
4. Dramatic increase in functional muscle strength.
5. Dramatic increase in muscle mass.
6. Reverses and prevents age-related muscle loss (sarcopenia).
7. Increases bone mass and density to protect against osteoporosis.
8. Alleviates and prevents low back pain.
9. Creates a strong, slim, perfectly muscled waistline.
10. Increases functional athletic flexibility and balance.
11. Dramatically enhances lung capacity and function.
12. Improves appearance, physique, and self-confidence."

---John Peterson

Share |

09-15-2010, 12:07 PM

Thanks John this is one of the best post you have done.

Aaron

Share |

Banned

09-15-2010, 12:37 PM

John great post, well thought out and logical.

Share |

09-15-2010, 02:59 PM

John,
This is a wonderful introduction to the Transformetrics Training System. Every member on the forum will agree with the information given and concur with the results that are possible when following this system. Most, if not all the members have experienced dramatic results from studying and complying with the instruction we have received from your excellent material. Thank you!

He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy. Proverbs 28:13

Share |

09-15-2010, 03:06 PM

Weights will not build the enduring,flexible,type of physical strength that is required in today's world. They also will not develop your "survival strength" in the form of the ability to think creatively and intuitively. There is no way that making yourself dependent on an external piece of equipment will develop "self reliance." That is why they are not included in the training of elite forces.

Share |

Legacy Member

09-15-2010, 06:06 PM

Hey brother,

No excuses anymore. It is time to lay it out raw and unvarnished. That was the best description I have every read as to why weight training is the wrong thing to do.

Greg

Share |

09-15-2010, 06:35 PM

The freedom and self reliance that comes from these methods cannot be matched. I can workout whenever I want, and when I travel, I am not limited to "having to find a nearby gym"........I am the gym!

Share |

09-15-2010, 07:21 PM

Wow, John, fantastic post! I could feel the intensity throughout.

I read it in the knick of time.....

Share |

09-15-2010, 07:41 PM

Wonderful post John! I could read it more than once and get something different from it each time!

Share |