Why We Don't LifT Weights... Part One

09-15-2010, 08:23 PM

John,

You nailed it sir!!!

Monty

Share |

09-16-2010, 07:14 AM

John, you are a savior!

“The price of excellence is discipline. The cost of mediocrity is disappointment.” — William Arthur Ward

Share |

Author

09-16-2010, 11:36 AM

Hey Friends,

A friend of mine that teaches Physical Education at a Christian Academy tells me that there is a large number of teen age boys that are ashamed to strip down for gym class. The reason? They don't have bodies like they see portrayed in the media. He uses our methods to help those who come to him and ask for help to build their body's and their self confidence.

---John Peterson

Share |

09-17-2010, 09:08 AM

Hi,

I have taught PE for 24 years and we use to have shirts and skins in boys PE, now I do not do this because some of the boys refuse to take their shirts off. The problem is many just do not care about changing the flubber to get lean. In my yoga fitness class I show many of the DVRs and Isos to the kids and they are amazed at how fatiqued their muscle get. The problem with some these kids is some they just go through the motions and do not push themselves. The kids I teach are so weak mentally and physically that it can be very frustrating.
Some do buy in and lose weight and get results.
The generations now will have more sickness and disease then any generation in the past. SAD!!

Monty

Share |

09-18-2010, 08:00 AM

Monty,

To say that its sad is a huge understatement.

Share |

09-18-2010, 08:56 AM

You know, I was talking with a friend of mine the other day, and it seems that kids are not nearly as lean as when we were kids. I am 43 and remember more of being lanky than fat. No, we didn't necessarily eat great, but we were always active. It seems that kids are more sedentary today. I remember playing shirts and skins and very few were what you might consider flabby.

"And I will restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten, the cankerworm, and the caterpillar, and the palmerworm … And ye shall know that … I am the LORD your God, and none else: and my people shall never be ashamed." Joel 2:25, 27

Share |

09-18-2010, 09:53 AM

John that was great. Look forward to the book. When I was growing up in the late 60- 70's, they were still teaching many of your methods in Gym class. ( In NYC school system) Climbing ropes was standard for generations. We did power cals all the time, pull -ups, peg board. In grammar school we even had a lesson in science about isometrics. Gym was every day. Schools should go back to the methods you teach.

Joe

Share |

09-18-2010, 12:18 PM

Unfortunately some people who are interested in developing their minds tend to discount anything physical and some of them wind up in the educational system. There are still some schools,however, that remain very competitive and also emphasize physical development and training and their students will be the leaders of the future.

Share |

09-18-2010, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Unfortunately some people who are interested in developing their minds tend to discount anything physical and some of them wind up in the educational system.
The chess grandmaster Gary Kasparov exercises like an Olympic athlete to prepare for his chess matches:

From http://www.whitakerwellness.com/our-...hy-i-exercise/

Quote:
I had the privilege several years ago of meeting Garry Kasparov, the former world chess champion, and asked him how he prepares for a match. He told me that for six months before a match, he jogs, lifts weights, swims, and bicycles at levels comparable to Olympic athletes. He programs his training so that he sits down at the chess board in peak physical condition. He said he can't understand how people can expect to be mentally sharp when they are physically dull.

Share |

09-18-2010, 05:11 PM

Even if someone belongs to a gym I can't image why they wouldn't want to learn Transformetrics as well. It will increase their ability to concentrate and control their muscles. When they are traveling or just don't feel like going to the gym they can still workout. It also would give them the opportunity to build their NERVE FORCE.

Share |