Share |
Atlas I, II & III: Try Weight Vest 8 X 8

Author

07-13-2019, 03:20 PM

Hello Everyone,

I have received a question about what would constitute a good Weight Vest routine.

What I am about to present should be done without a vest first in order to see how well you can do.

Try to do 8 X 8 of the Atlas I, II & III Push-Up variations performing each rep in perfect form all the way up and all the way down, resting as little as possible between sets. Once that becomes doable in 16 minutes or less then add 10, 15, or 20 pounds in a weight vest and start over with sets of 6 and build to 8 X 8.

When you insist on perfect form going all the way to the bottom and the top you'll discover that this is one really tough routine.

As you progress with a weight vest you'll be amazed at the pump you get.

Do the above AFTER your Isometrics and not before.

---John Peterson

Share |

Author

07-15-2019, 01:23 PM

Hello Friends,

In answer to the question, "John, is this the Push-Up routine you do each day the answer is NO!

Make that an emphatic NO WAY!!!

THAT IS A "TEST" Workout and a very tough one at that. I can do all 3 Atlas push-up variations at 8 X 8 while wearing a 42-pound but not with 52 Pound Vest in 24 minutes or less. BUT THAT IS PUSHING TO MY EDGE!

Doing just one of the Atlas Push-Up variations for 8 X 8 with a properly loaded 52-pound weight vest will be intense enough for some of you superfit men but if you really want to test yourself to the limit at some point then try the 3 ATLAS VARIATIONS at 8 X 8 in a single workout. When I do that I have to have a very light DVR routine the very next day to speed healing nutrients to the muscle tissue in order for complete recovery.

---John Peterson

Last edited by John Peterson; 07-15-2019 at 01:33 PM.

Share |